Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >
  • Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

• Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 12-06-2018, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by WANNABEE
    Holy, moly, you just had to show me that link today? When I was so proud of myself, because I made my first 3" block last night.
    So sorry.........
    Old 12-06-2018, 03:53 AM

My embroidery machine just went to hospital. I guess it won't be back in time to make all the Christmas stuff I was planning to do.
    Back to Green Tea & Sweet Beans
    Old 12-06-2018, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby
    Guess what I found!

I lost my invisible thread - (my husband said "of course you can't find it, it's invisible!) And as I was searching all over, I found the pattern for Long Time Gone. I didn't even remember that I'd bought it lol!!

So now I have Bakers Dozen and LTG patterns to work on after I get a some quilt tops quilted and bound.

Never did find the thread. I know the last time I used it and think I put in in the tote with some other leftover stuff from that quilt instead of putting it back where it belongs. Now to find that tote!

I found several other things that I'd forgot I'd bought too, like my fabric paint . I really need to quit buying things unless I am ready to use them now. Otherwise I buy them, they are in my way so I put them somewhere and then forget all about them.

I've got 10 years to retirement, but I can't help thinking how nice it's going to be to have lots more time for playing!
    I sew with invisible bobbin thread all the time!!!! Somehow or other, I thought retirement would give me lots more time for playing. I seem to be busier than when I worked full time.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-16-2018 at 04:00 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 12-06-2018, 07:24 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael
    No, but I have now! Wow! I wonder how many of the pieced designs are paper pieced. I know G Sciiliano is a master at it. The rainbow quilt looks doable...I suspect 1/2" HST squares. I love the little Lone Star...also doable...I think The yellow and orange Double Spaced should be called Bubble Spaced...what a great way to use bubble stitching...thinking it would be stiff and uses a lot of thread. Have you ever made small circles like this? I think the diamond quilt is English Paper Pieced. They are truly wonderful...thanks for sharing! Now I have the itch to make a mini!

WANNABE--I would be proud of your 3" block! The only way these folks got to the point they are is by perfecting the 3" block and then getting smaller. Don't let this discourage you. The first 3/4" 9P I made was to see if I could use such small pieces. It was wonky, but I proved to myself that I could and it's started me on a fantastic fun journey.

Last edited by oksewglad; 12-06-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    Old 12-06-2018, 08:24 AM

Sorry to hear of the sick machines. This reminded me that my annual servicing is next month for my machines.

Those mini's are adorable. I still have a mini kit that is more in line of what OK does. Tiny piecing that I'm still a bit intimidated to start.

Wannabee...OK is the one who encouraged me to just go for it. She needs to do a special class for us on mini's..lol!!

Cindyb....no truer words ever said about retirement. I went from fulltime therapist to just 2 days a week and I still run out of time each week. Now, I'm just a few hours a week soon to be done with that for a bit until I get settled. I may not continue and just do volunteer counseling. We'll see
    Old 12-07-2018, 12:34 PM

I'm almost sure - almost - I'm going to replace the center of the Bakers Dozen. Since I made it I've been staring at it, wondering if I like what I did or not. So I guess it's time to make a decision.

My embroidery machine isn't back, didn't hear from the shop either.
    Old 12-07-2018, 02:29 PM

just heard from the doctor, 3 out of 4 machines can be picked up tomorrow. He needs to keep the Bernina 930 and hasn't had a chance to check it out yet. My baby!
    Old 12-07-2018, 10:54 PM

AT least you'll get 3 back! I'm using my 930 now. It really sews like a charm!
    Old 12-08-2018, 05:01 AM

Anael, perfect timing on picking up your 930. At least your embroidery machine got a nice little spa getaway. Hopefully she will be home soon.

Wannabee, that is great news. 3 out 4!! Yahoo. Hopefully your 4th will be home soon.
    Old 12-08-2018, 05:38 AM

Thanks Judith, I hope so too without getting too expensive. It's not the right time of the year for a machine to break down