Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Tons of Artichokes...what to make? >
  • Tons of Artichokes...what to make?

• Tons of Artichokes...what to make?

Old 05-24-2019, 05:10 AM

Last night, I boiled up about 15 artichokes in a big pot with a little lemon and salt. When they were done, I took off all of the leaves and discarded them. I took the "hearts" and dusted them in flour and S&P, then egg/milk mixture, then tossed them into a bowl of panko, bread crumbs. From there, they went on to a lightly oiled, sheet pan and into the oven at about 400 degrees F. They baked until they were a nice golden brown. They were heavenly!

~ C
    Old 06-01-2019, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by tropit
    I know...I'm so blessed to have these artichokes. When I lived down south, I would baby my artichoke plants, hoping and praying that I would get 2, maybe 3 artichokes from them. Sadly, if I wasn't careful, the plants would die in the summer heat. Now that I live in Northern California, my artichoke plants are abundantly full of artichokes. As for the plants, I couldn't kill them if I tried. They grow like crazy! I just harvested about a dozen medium sized artichokes and have at least a couple dozen more on the plants that will be ready soon. Anyone have some good, healthy recipes for artichokes? Thanks.

~ C
    Lots of Lemon Mayo for dipping. I love them. Do you also have a patch of asparagus? It will grow like crazy too, plant some and just let it go. Self-multiplies and comes up every year, bigger and better than before.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-01-2019 at 02:47 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 06-02-2019, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by tuckyquilter
    Lots of Lemon Mayo for dipping. I love them. Do you also have a patch of asparagus? It will grow like crazy too, plant some and just let it go. Self-multiplies and comes up every year, bigger and better than before.
    I Do have a patch of asparagus and it Does grow like crazy too! Asparagus season is over now. The plants are about 5 feet high and thriving. I'll divide the crowns next year and try to find more space for them. I'm really enjoying both the artichokes and asparagus. I could never grow these things in the arid climate that I used to live in. We have so much rain here, in Mendocino County, but I love all of the things that I can now cultivate.

~ C

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-02-2019 at 12:34 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps