9 patch on it's way

Old 09-25-2014, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying this and it brings me a lot of happiness to see everyone pull together to do this for Ashlea and Miriam. I've been nothing but impressed at the generosity and kindness of the people here.

We're all our own worst critics. If we're not hard on ourselves we don't get better. But still I've made a few pretty serious blunders on this. If I ever start another one I'll do better or at least it'll be a new set of mistakes.
Rodney
Hey! Rodney-lighten up. If you don't, I will not go public with any secrets you want to share with me in the future!! You ARE da man!

The other Rodney
Old 09-25-2014, 11:50 AM

well, I wasn't offended in the least - I put it out there to encourage others to participate too, even if they didn't already know about it.

I think QB is having technical difficulties - and stuff isn't working quite as expected at time. Don't know if it's my work computer - but my avatar has disappeared . . . spooky - must be getting close to October LOL!!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:51 AM

Thanks Rodney. Thanks again for getting this out in the open where it really belongs.
I think most of the bigger mistakes are over now.
Rodney
Old 09-25-2014, 11:53 AM

I think this is a good thing it went "public" as it appears not all the pm's went were they should. Rodney would have been expecting to get 50 blocks and when only 10 showed up, he'd have wondered what went wrong LOL!!!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:13 PM

I came back on this afternoon to get the address for mailing the squares, and read some more of the entries--and am laughing out loud at the comment "this will quilt out, right" (whatever the sign is for the approximate statement). I have said and heard that statement a million times. I give quilting lessons a couple times a year, and that is one of my favorite expressions when a new student is agonizing over her cutting or stitching.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:58 PM

KalamaQuilts your 4 squares just arrived today along with everything else! I love the shirting material, your squares look great!
Thank you very much for your generosity!
Thank you!
Rodney
Old 09-25-2014, 01:15 PM

My pleasure Rodney. Although I don't envy you your job and I'm sorry I couldn't be there for the gathering. Next time!
Sharyn
Old 09-25-2014, 02:53 PM

There will be others. I wish you could have made it too. Right now I'm thinking after Christmas. The Christmas season tends to be too busy for most people so a little after might be better.
Rodney
Old 09-25-2014, 05:59 PM

Thanks Rodney for putting this out there for more of us to see it. I must have missed any post about Miriam's daughter-in-law. Miriam has been very kind to me in the past and I will be sending you a 9 patch also. Funny thing is I live in Fort Myers and have a daughter in Indy...Miriam lives in Indy and has a son here my my area..anyway my patch will come cross country to you and then back for Ashleah...my husband is a "brain-stem" stroke survivor, so my prayers go out to them...although this happens to one of our dear loved ones, it affects the whole family in the long run. She sounds like she will do her best to get back her "sunshine". Blessings to all who jump in on this .
Old 09-25-2014, 06:50 PM

Thank you csharp! I think Ashlea might be the wife of the son in your area, unless Miriam has 2 sons in Florida. I hope you and your husband are well. My father had several strokes over the years before he passed and I've seen what they do to people. There's no such thing as a little one, they're all bad.
Rodney