Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Anyone have a pattern for a fabric cover for a featherweight? >

Anyone have a pattern for a fabric cover for a featherweight?

Anyone have a pattern for a fabric cover for a featherweight?

Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 AM

as to cover for feather weight I discovered something quite by accident I was sewing a pillow case up and threw it over the machine when I was done and guess what it was just about the lenth of my fw so I tried to put it over the fw and it went so I cut one off and i have a new fw cover
Old 06-25-2012, 09:20 AM

I bought a couple of the patterns off Dave McCullums site (www.featherweight221.com) but drafted my own over the carry case. I'm sure you could figure out a pattern you could draft if you don't want to buy a pattern. I used the prequilted solid color fabric you can get a JoAnn's and then put a sewing related fabric pocket on the front. Very easy!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:45 PM

ok i was wondering what a featherweight was. i have inherited my mother in laws old singer. looks like it. it is next door at my neighbours right now so i don't have access to the information on it. but i have all the accessories the booklets, and the wonderful cabinet it came in. and its in mint condition. i had given it to her a few years ago as i didn't sew then, but she has decided to move back home, which is across the country and it was to much to ship it so she offered it back to me first. luck have it i learned how to sew a few months ago and i am getting it back. didn't realize what a gem i had and am so thankful she offered it back to me as several of her friends had wanted it. when i get it back this month i will post pictures of it and get more information on it then thanks for listening.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by gramma nancy View Post
Hello fellow featherweight fans!
The teacher had a terrific looking fabric cover for her featherweight case.
Are you looking for a pattern for the case or just the machine. Here is a pattern for a machine but I don't see why it couldn't be made for the case, instead, and you could just make an opening in the top for the handle of the case to come through:
http://patches.typepad.com/notes_fro...hine-cozy.html

I bought a cover for my FW on eBay. A woman makes them and adds a nice machine embroidered picture of a FW on the front. I thought they were reasonably priced considering how nice the embroidery was.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:08 AM

Hi gramma. Are you a quilter? If so, check out the book "Quilting 101". There you will find a whole chapter devoted to making a sewing machine cover. They use the Log Cabin block, but any 6" block will work. I found the book at my local library and have used it to make at least six of them. You would probably have to adjust the pattern a bit for your FW, but they are quite adorable. If you're not into quilting, there are several different patterns out there on the web; in fact, some of them have already been suggested.

I would post a few pics if I could just figure out how to get my old MacBook to resize my photos....
Old 07-02-2012, 08:49 AM

I made one using the measurements of the case:

Old 05-30-2013, 08:55 AM

Yes, Butterick #5160 Waverly. It is a sewing room dec pattern but the number has been used for other patterns, so be careful This pattern has sewing machine cover, sewing tote, iron case, hanging organizer, ironing board cover and a chair cover all in one pattern. As I said there are several older patterns by the same number. The cover of the pattern shows pics of sewing room done in yellow and blue with a sewing table and cupbaord and also has a couple of covered baskets.

The older patterns have dresses 60's? and another looks very rustic. Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:04 AM

I am looking for a carrier for my featherweight as the original case was meant to be used to store everything together and to take out of closet and use. I don't trust the handles and the case always bonks my legs or other parts of my anatomy and it HURTS!

So I am looking for a carrier pattern and will use double sided pre quilted fabric as the canvas carriers put out by a company a few years ago for featherweights were heavy duty but I worried about scratching my machine as it scratched my hands just checking it out. I sound really whimpy, farm gal here, I just don't think sewing should hurt. Drive one crazy and to distraction yes, hurt - no.

Pattern for F/W carrier anyone? Thanks

.......... anyone? Thank you
Old 05-30-2013, 09:30 AM

someone is selling homemade quilted covers on ebay for them now...
Old 05-30-2013, 09:48 AM

Default Ebay - available for purchase

This looks like a really good buy for all of the work that is in them.
(This is not an item I am selling nor am I associated with the seller.)

Ebay Singer Protector Covers - Buy It Now for $65
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singer-Feath...item2a2d5842be
Attached Thumbnails singer-covers.jpg