Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Anyone have a pattern for a fabric cover for a featherweight? >

Anyone have a pattern for a fabric cover for a featherweight?

Anyone have a pattern for a fabric cover for a featherweight?

Old 06-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

Lots of creative ideas on Google:
https://www.google.com/search?q=patt...w=1001&bih=614
Old 06-29-2015, 03:39 PM

I actually started making one 2 or years ago for my white FW -- she came with no case, and I wanted to keep her in the pristine condition she was in when my son bought her. The cover is not completed, but I still manage to keep her well dusted! LOL! I cut the pattern out, but haven't sewed it yet. Maybe I'll finish it one of these days. I've had so much trouble with my back that I haven't done much of anything lately!

Jeanette
Old 06-29-2015, 05:06 PM

Jeanette! Maybe we should have a virtual FW case/ cover making day and provide moral support for each other! I have to make a couple more FW case liners before I can publish my pattern but just haven't been getting to it.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:11 PM

I've carried my white FWs in their cases in canvas boat tote bags. I have a black one with a weak case so I use a rolling carry on luggage tote with 360 degree wheels. No more worries about cases or handles giving out and room for fabric, rotary cutter, etc. A friend uses a bowling ball bag. Hardly stylish, but functional.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:01 PM

Tammi, the one I've started is just a dust cover and cushion between the fold-up extension (may be incorrectly named here) and the body of the machine. I used two layers of fabric, with fusible interfacing, and plan to sew the layers together, turn them right side out, and tuck the edges and top-stitch them together. I'll also try to put some type of grip on it to remove the dust cover. I made a pattern for a tote bag, with two layers of cotton twill, cotton batting between, stitched with multi-stitch cam, and appliqued some fabric kitty cartoon fabric, butterflies and daisies at random, and put an 18" zipper for a closure, then put a light-weight lining with a pocket in it. I had so many layers of fabric and folds, zipper tape, etc. During the final row of stitching, I broke three needles on my machine. That was a lot of "stuff" to stitch.

Jeanette
Old 06-30-2015, 05:41 AM

I could have made something myself, but I bought a slipcover for the bed of my FW. It slides onto the bed and then I can fold it up and stick it in the case and it won't knock against the nose. I bought it on Etsy & the maker/seller did a nicer job than I would have anyway; it's black and has gold stitching on it to mimic the decals. It wasn't very expensive either.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:39 AM
Banned

I used an old pattern to make a cover for my 201. Altered the pattern to make it fit my serger. Next I'll resize it to make a similar one for my FW. I used pre quilted fabric, added narrow bias tape and machine embroidery to the pieces before I sewed them together. Pics are at the bottom of this page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/caris_...h/14720939252/

Cari