Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
anyone know what type of machine? >

anyone know what type of machine?

anyone know what type of machine?

Old 09-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by foufymaus View Post
True true but... you know... Power! lol I too was a zig zagger then i saw embroidery done on a 15 treadle. Which BTW was truly ah-mazing! I just kinda thought the arm was a nifty thing.
Me too! I'm gonna attempt similar with a free arm machine.

Cari
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
That would make it a pretty rare machine to me.
Rodney
Just that particular designation. The 47s started in 1899 but I didn't read far enough to know when they stopped or if they still make them.

Cari
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Me too! I'm gonna attempt similar with a free arm machine.

Cari
Oh that sounds like a plan for tomorrow! LOL My little bro is borrowing my truck because his radiator is cracked and he needs it for school. Which leaves me stranded at home... good thing I have something to try out tomorrow! I wonder which machine would be best at this...*thinks* lol
Old 09-16-2014, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
That would make it a pretty rare machine to me.
Rodney
definitely. I think I need to learn more about the 47 designation and the differences between the 18xx years and the 1970's. Well aside from the motorized part. lol
Old 09-16-2014, 08:37 PM

Ah...ha! Google-fu has come through! I found one for sale for $750. *grins* Totally out of my price range Definitely on the wish list...along with the boot patcher (29 K) . I totally don't have the space but I think there interesting.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:38 PM
Banned

Oh that sounds like a plan for tomorrow! LOL My little bro is borrowing my truck because his radiator is cracked and he needs it for school. Which leaves me stranded at home... good thing I have something to try out tomorrow! I wonder which machine would be best at this...*thinks* lol
Okay I'll try it too and we can compare technique. My repairs usually aren't pretty but they hold up.

Cari
Old 09-16-2014, 09:02 PM

Okay I'll try it too and we can compare technique. My repairs usually aren't pretty but they hold up.

Cari

Sounds like a plan, I'm going to be using a 15-91 and a *thinks* maybe.... hmm... that's a toughie. I'll definitely will be using the 15-91. With a bright red scarlet thread so ya'll can check out my mistakes. hahaha. My repairs don't hold up too well. I'll just be using a scrap piece.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Banned

Sounds like a plan, I'm going to be using a 15-91 and a *thinks* maybe.... hmm... that's a toughie. I'll definitely will be using the 15-91. With a bright red scarlet thread so ya'll can check out my mistakes. hahaha. My repairs don't hold up too well. I'll just be using a scrap piece.
I think I might use my Pacesetter since it has a smaller bed than my other free arms. It's that cylinder technique I want to try, on the butt of a pair of jean shorts.

Cari
Old 09-16-2014, 09:48 PM

I think I might use my Pacesetter since it has a smaller bed than my other free arms. It's that cylinder technique I want to try, on the butt of a pair of jean shorts.

Cari
you know what I think I'll try it on my little Elgin 4400/Domestic machine. I haven't used her in a while and she has a free arm.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Banned

Okay, here's my pic. I did it with a 1956 Brother Pacesetter free arm machine using a spring darner. I actually didn't remember I had one of these little springs. It's kind of a pain to use but it worked okay. My problem was being so close to the pocket, had go real slow and careful not to hit the pocket rivet. It's not perfect but it will do.

Cari
Attached Thumbnails s5032127.jpg   s5032128.jpg