Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
bobbins for old White Rotary machine >

bobbins for old White Rotary machine

bobbins for old White Rotary machine

Old 10-11-2017, 01:54 PM

Hi Rocsew,

Thanks for the info on the pulley wheel. Yes, its a bit hard, and its good to know where to get more parts for such an old machine.

Yes, we have a log house, from 1872...I am in the process of renovating it, so eventually the logs will be cleaner than in the picture and they will have mortar chinking in between them again. The log house is awesome for "thermal mass", meaning that the logs have such mass that they hold heat (or cold) a long time, and thus the temperature does not change fast. If I open the windows on cool summer nights and close them in the morning, the house stays cool all day, even during the hot daytime. No air conditioner needed.

Thanks for the help with the sewing machine.

-Eric
Old 10-12-2017, 06:32 AM

[ I prefer old machines in general, and I am better with pre-WWII computers than with these newfangled ones.

[/QUOTE]

Here ya go.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]582114[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails slide-rule-b.jpg  
Old 09-08-2022, 04:14 PM

Default White 77

[QUOTE=Rocsew;7921011]These should fit any White Rotary: http://shop.sew-classic.com/Bobbins-...5-pack-744.htm
I have a White 77 that's probably pretty similar, White made a lot of different models with minor variations and also badged them as Kenmore, Domestic, Dressmaker, etc.[/QUOTE
my boyfriends mum has a white 77 sewing machine. It was her grandmother's machine and she is trying to figure out a replacement bobbin case. She can't find the tension plate and tension screw they are not on the bobbin that she has. Can anyone help me out with this? Or does anyone have a spare bobbin case or a plate and screw for the case?
Old 09-09-2022, 01:08 PM

The bobbin case and spring and screw are no longer made. There are a few 77 Bobbin cases on ebay under Domestic bobbin case and White Rotary 43 bobbin holder. Not mine. I'd ask the sellers for a pic of the spring or make sure it's there. I have a few of these bobbin cases missing springs too.

Jon