Chasing a Foot Controller!

Old 11-09-2013, 10:33 PM

I used a rectangle of plywood, with a cutout the size of the controller. The foot not using the controller, is placed on the other half. Not perfect, but not too bad...
Old 11-10-2013, 01:35 PM

I use a piece of shelf liner, the "holey" kind that looks sort of like netting and is foamy rubbery. (Real technical terms I use). It is at Dollar General for Two Bucks. I have one foot pedal that I found does not slip if I place it backwards and use my heal instead of toes/ball of foot. Amazing the control obtained using it this way! Also, my SIL recently showed me some spray on rubber that might work sprayed on bottom of pedal base. It comes in a can like spray paint. He first used it to waterproof the bottom and lower sides of a bag/tote. There also is the putty used to hang things on the wall without holes, which works well, however does wear out if pedal is moved around from location to location frequently.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:30 AM

I take a heavy wooden cutting board (Mine is from a camper store so it has that spongy waffle weave stuff on the back.) and put two-three small brads (nails) in it in a row, then put a pencil across them, then butt the foot pedal against the pencil. The pedal says put!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
I take a heavy wooden cutting board (Mine is from a camper store so it has that spongy waffle weave stuff on the back.) and put two-three small brads (nails) in it in a row, then put a pencil across them, then butt the foot pedal against the pencil. The pedal says put!
You've given me an idea. My machines are primarily used in carpeted rooms so probably all I need is a heavy board, like a cutting board, with a stop to put the controller against. My foot should be able to find the board and if it stays put, problem solved. Thanks to all. I'm reassured now that I know I'm not the only one trying to solve the moving controller.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:04 AM

On the pedal design poster above: I lack the ability to give directions but I tried above. If anyone can word what I mean better, PLEASE let me know.Thank you.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:25 AM

Are we using the pedal as designed? Are we using it backwards????
[ATTACH=CONFIG]447036[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails foot-pedal.jpg  
Old 11-15-2013, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by yobrosew View Post
On the pedal design poster above: I lack the ability to give directions but I tried above. If anyone can word what I mean better, PLEASE let me know.Thank you.
Hey, I understood perfectly. As a matter of fact, I started looking for my picture hanger dough, whatever its name. I found the spray adhesive and am designing a "stay put" controller cage using a lot of the suggestions - A heavy board with a stop and contact paper or bath matt adhered to the board. Over kill I know, but in the heat of the battle I hate chasing that controller.

Last edited by Vridar; 11-15-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Banned

I switched to people powered only... hehehehe
Old 11-15-2013, 11:05 AM

Hahaha...I guess a treadle isn't going to scoot away from you!!

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I switched to people powered only... hehehehe
Old 11-15-2013, 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=yobrosew;6406219]Are we using the pedal as designed? Are we using it backwards????
QUOTE]
In the pictures above "Press toes down on grid" should not be there!!!! But can't edit out now.Ugh!