Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Collecting the black Singer sewing machines >

Collecting the black Singer sewing machines

Collecting the black Singer sewing machines

Old 06-22-2015, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
If that one was advertized as 160th Anniversary Edition and it was not - put in a claim with eBay- and see what they decide.

if the seller didn't say anything about it being the special edition, then it's your mistake.

I've only encountered a few bad sellers on eBay - but boy can the really spoil things. But I've bought a LOT on eBay, and the good outweighs the bad.

I've learned that some sellers are clueless - but there are many that deliberately misrepresent in their writeup- those are the ones that when you contact them about their mistake, they pretty much tell you to take a hike and make no changes - so you know they are hoping to get a buyer that does not catch that the item in the picture is NOT what they are saying it is.

The clueless ones I'm fine with - they simply state "Don't have a clue - figure it out for yourself!"
Yeah, most sellers honestly don't want to cheat you.

I did have just one try to threaten me - I had recently bought three things from them, one that the bidding finished on and shipped several days before the others. Well there was something wrong with it, I don't remember what but it wasn't horrible, just a problem. So I contacted them about it and next thing I know they reply back stating they'd hate for something to 'happen' to my other two items if I left bad feedback. I calmly replied that I'd hate to tell eBay that they threatened me because that can get sellers banned. The other items where sent just fine and I even got positive if terse feedback from them. I decided not to leave any feedback and just washed my hands of them - I'd bought from them many times before that but never again. Looking through their feedback, they where the kind of people that if things where smooth sailing they where very kind and friendly, but if anything went wrong they where just *NASTY.*

Thankfully that's been my only truly bad experience buying online. I've had many times the description wasn't complete or quite accurate but those where really just annoyances for the most part. Now, I used to have a mailman who literally threw packages down the stairs and slammed them in doors, but that's another story for another time