That darn cat

Old 08-04-2014, 03:05 PM

here is my "arrow" class machines. I think Needlebar may have made up that name - not sure on that though.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:13 PM

Just saw your question about the stand - I do not own a New Home treadle base, though I've seen New Homes come in a wide variety of treadle cabinets. I have a large collection of Singer cabinets, and a smattering of others that I picked up in my travels.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:33 PM

no question the UNK is a national. I haven't been able to use needlebar for afew years now, but this week was able to get it load

I will be posting pic's of a standard VS, because of the slide plates have a feeling it maybe a national also..

national style holes in the slide plate ??

Old 08-04-2014, 03:50 PM

nope, that is a Standard for sure. Looks quite a bit like my Rotary. Though your bed decals are worn, they are the Standard logo.

Here is a start - the same attachment holes in the plate.

here is the later "stout" version of the machine.

Typically companies did not use other companies actual Names on machines, though Davis badged one as Standart, and I believe New Home badged one as "New National" . Though once a company was out of business, their name became fair game. You'll see a lot of Japanese made machines that use defunct American Mfg names.

Last edited by Macybaby; 08-04-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:54 PM

the NH treadle base question , forget the wood, it's only about how the flywheel is mounted to the right leg..

This summer I've kept this to buying cheap bases, using oak I have on hand to make tops, then mount homeless heads, repurpose these back into sewing machines. kinda a Hi tech play on words..

anyway these Hillbilly treadles come off like a mini industrail treadle..

I have one other odd treadle I've posted photo in yahoo groups maybe one other site no one has ever seen one.

This thing is a Toyota treadle in a stand that looks just like a singer two drawer plain jane cabinet on a pressed steel straight leg stand, but the stand is not pressed steel it's cast iron... it was brought into the USA by a return military family, it look like it was used some, then put back on it shipping pallet wrapped in plastic, never saw daylight untill I got it .. manual is all in japanese. you see all kind of branded toyota machines of 50's vintage , but never a toyota named machine.. you can get quite a background on toyota machine , but you have to use there japanese name.. it's not toyota LOL. I don't have that here right now.

I'm kinda afraid to steam punk anything, not real sure what that term is LOLOL..
Old 08-04-2014, 04:08 PM

I have two other standards both are slim Rotarys, decals about the same as yours, One is in it's cabinet I know the full history on that machine. It came from the Applgate family, original applegates, but don't hardly think it came in there covered wagon. That wagon was full of arrow holes when I got this far

so those plate holes are for attachments, never knew that , I tried some attachments once then put them back in the box , They like there little box.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:19 PM

The neat thing with Standard, the Rotary and VS use the same Shirr plate and Underbraider. Here a some of my Standard Attachment sets. I may have quite a collection of machines - but I'm really into attachments.

I'm still looking for the Tucker that goes with this set.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:50 PM

never had a stout yet, one slim has that same belt gaurd ?? the other doesn't. I can understand why people would remove it... these machines I've post here are just look see machines / dust collectors..

I'll put this in for giggles. improved family as singer named it or 15-1 no clue who named them this.. guess because it tension in on the face, thats the only thing thats like a model 15 The person I bought this from seems to think it maybe a factory make over. It could be. In the late 60's my mulit millionare in laws. The wife is very nose in teh air type. she had a singer with wearing decals. not sure which ones just remember very colorful. That machine was shipped away it took months before it was returned, OOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY. she was mad as %$#****LL. it looked brand new, BUTT the decals where just like this one.. hers wasn't a fiddle bed..

now look at this one there isn't a gold badge, I don't think singer would have taken that off. also teh fiddle style hinges where removed and holes filled. motor added. no idea what may have been it's base.

also note that the face plate has been chorme plated.. this was not a cheapo respray job ..those are waterslide decals.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:00 PM

almost had a heart attack. went to look at the standard in the cabinet ( there all in other rooms and covered with old sheets) 3 times and could not find it. now that I did the attachment box isn't in the drawer. last time I had my hands on it was when teh QB topic was on the spider . I don't have one..
Old 08-04-2014, 05:03 PM

hoping this pic takes it should show the decals on that singer fiddle bed. teh wrong decals