Elna Question

Old 02-06-2015, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Yeah... I'd be happy with any form of moisture. For two days they have been telling us about the "storm" that may actually get us wet... Today was supposed to be the peak. The map shows rainfall but the reporter under it was dry, conclusion: air so dry that water is evaporating before it hits the ground... Sigh....
Quite the same near Sacramento. The only drops getting down to the skylight are the biggest ones. So every so often the cats start up wondering what those big noises are. The thunder is not worth looking at. The giant sized rain drops are.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:53 PM

Wow guys! Over here in Ukiah it's been pouring buckets! The winds have been beating the rain against the house. I hope you got some rain tonight. We all need it badly!
Old 02-06-2015, 10:36 PM

I have my mom's old Elna from 1968 - not this model, but the reverse is the same. It's my very favorite machine. I'd be tempted to bid if I had room, just because it's pink. I, too, have felt that the controls are comfortable. One good indication is that they didn't find a need to change it for a number of years. Don't know about this model, but my Elna Supermatic runs quiet and makes beautiful stitches. It's aluminum, so a great machine for getting around.