Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 AM

Have to get busy fixing up a featerweight for my Grandaughters 7th birthday. She really wants to learn to sew.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:05 AM

I have always wanted one. One of my guild members who is a serious collector asked for someone to help her remove cabinets form her kitchen for a remodel. her husband just died so I volunteered my husband to help her. He didn't charge her anything and saved her $1700 . She gave him one from her collection to give to me! It is gorgeous, has a manual , lots of attachments and a case that is in perfect shape.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by 12yearrquilt View Post
Have to get busy fixing up a featerweight for my Grandaughters 7th birthday. She really wants to learn to sew.
The Featherweight is a perfect machine to teach your granddaughter to sew.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 PM

Have you tried e-bay? I got mine there. They have many and many prices. Good luck
Old 03-28-2012, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I can't find sew classic online. Where do I go to buy the manual and bobbins for my Singer 99K? I guess the age is important to know, right? And the serial number will tell me the age? I don't know anything at all about old sewing machines but would love it if someone could direct me to an online store to buy some things for this machine and if I could be directed to some place where I could find out the age of my machine (if it doesn't say the age on it). Thanks in advance. Jeanne
I buy most of my parts for my vintage machines from Jenny at: www.sew-classic.com
Old 03-28-2012, 04:10 AM

I own a featherweight that's older than I am! I checked the serial number online to find the manufacture date, it said 1951. Is it elgible for social security payments yet? Actually, its the one I use for classes & take to guild meetings when we sew.
Cathy S/Willowwind
Old 03-28-2012, 04:13 AM

I was just wondering yesterday where did this go to; and here it is!
I have missed it glad to have found it again.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by willowwind View Post
I own a featherweight that's older than I am! I checked the serial number online to find the manufacture date, it said 1951. Is it elgible for social security payments yet? Actually, its the one I use for classes & take to guild meetings when we sew.
Cathy S/Willowwind
LOL, no not ready for SS payments yet, not old enough; needs to be 65 years old.
My "Lizzie" is my birth year 1952, and DH FW is his birth year 1951. We are old enough for SS payments, LOL.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
I have 2, white one and black one. They sew the greatest seams! I'm looking to put the white one on ebay cause I'm running out of room!! Too many sewing machines in my house.
How much do you think you would like to ask for your white FW? I have a 1964 221 and would like to find 2 more so I can give them to my granddaughters when I'm gone to the eternal quilting bee in Heaven! lol
Old 03-28-2012, 11:14 AM

Jeanne, here is where you can download a manual for your Singer 99

http://www.sew-classic.com/uploads/99K.pdf

You can print it 2 pages on one piece of paper and it is large enough to read. The original manuals are small and less that 1/2 the size of a piece of printer paper.
Your machine is a 'low shank' machine and can use almost any 'low shank' attachments. Are there any coming with your machine? Mostly you will just need the regular foot that will come with your machine, but it is fun to get some of the other attachments too. I can attest to that!

Here is where you can find out when your Singer was allotted, how many were in the allotment, and the model of your machine. It is not just for the featherweight 221 machines. I like this site the best for dating Singers.

http://thefeatherweight221factory.co...alNumbers.aspx

Janis

Last edited by Janis; 03-28-2012 at 11:32 AM.