Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 05-22-2011, 05:52 PM

I have 2 1950s, 1 1953 & 1 1954. Just bought a white one, she's the girly one amongst all the black beauties. I do have a question. Why does two of the machines have 221- below the medallion and the other don't have the 221-? Guess I'm being a little lazy on my research, I would much rather check in here and let one of the experts assist. more fun! :) I'll post pics later on, when I take them.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:08 PM

I bought one a year ago, had it cleaned and tuned up, runs like a dream. Only paid $200 for it and all the attachments and the case are in perfect condition.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:09 PM

I haven't read all of the posts yet but I just wanted to say that I can't believe this is already up to 15 pages in just one day
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I have 2 FW's. I think they are so adorable and I love the humming sound they make while they are sewing. My 11 yr old son has his eye on one of them so I know who I will be leaving it to in my will :mrgreen:
Old 05-22-2011, 06:27 PM

My mom bought me my featherweight 2 years ago. I haven't named her, how do you decide what to call your featherweights?
Old 05-22-2011, 06:38 PM

I have a black one my mom gave me about three years ago. I named her Lillian (Lily for short) after my mom. My mom passed away one year ago today.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:41 PM

I just received one from my daughter. While cleaning out her inlaws attic she found it sitting in the corner. Looks like it's hardly been used. Going to send it out to get looked at before I try sewing on it.

Linda
http://tnt512.blogspot.com/
Old 05-22-2011, 07:04 PM

I have had mine for about 5 years. My father in law found it in his attic, it belonged to his mom and he let me have it. I could no belivw my good fortune
Old 05-22-2011, 07:17 PM

I got my featherweight in 2006 she is a good little girl ........she sews a lazy slow stitch and I love her ..... she my baby girl
Old 05-22-2011, 07:18 PM

I just bought my 3rd one last week and I am waiting for it to arrive...
My first one was bought near my parent's cottage..I found it on Kijiji and it was on a little island.... and we had to go across the lake to get it..it was quite an experience...I was so excited..
named her Georgina...
Second was was found a few weeks later at an estate sale...was priced for $195 and I left a bid for $70 ..went back the next day and it was not sold so I got it...named her Lise...
Last week I was on Kijiji again and found another one...listed for $74 and got it for $60...it has not arrived yet..but her name will be Mini or Bella...my sister wants it so it may not be in my possession for long...
Old 05-22-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
My wife and I have “his & hers” Featherweights. Hers is a 1952 model (his birth year), and his is a 1957 model (her birth year). Hers is named “Feather” (not all that original, but we know which one we’re talking about), and his is named “Hurkie” (as in Hurricane - came from Mississippi, and had been submerged in water for a while).

CD in Oklahoma
I LOVE "Hurkie" I have never seen a hand crank feather weight! That's an awesome little machine... He will shine and whistle when he gets a spiffied up.