Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:57 AM

I have 2 Featherweights "Licorice" and "Ebony" both are in really good shape. One I purchased needed a bobbin case but that was solved by searching for it on ebay but the other came complete with everything. I love them both and when "Licorice" had to go to the machine doctor I used "Ebony both are great little machines. I would someday like to have a white one.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

How have I not known we had this section?????
Okay, I have four- 3 black, one white BUT I'm going to
give one of them to my DDIL, I just can't figure out which
one b/c my first one is the one I sew on daily and
am very sentimental about. Then I have one with
the scroll plate, then I have a centennial that I've
been wanting, and I don't want to give up the white one.
I'm sooooo badddddddddd !! :D:D:D:D
Old 07-31-2011, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
I have two - Libby born in 1956 and Ruby Jewel born in 1947. Love to sew on them both. Am now on the lookout for a 1952 version, my birth year.
Did you purchase Ruby already painted or did you have it done? I've been wanting a cranberry colored one and would like to have one of my machines redone. I have 7 total so I wouldn't mind giving one a do over. Not sure where to have it done.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 AM

I purchased a Centennial off Craig's List for $200 over a year ago. The lady showed me how to work and had it all oiled/greased. I'm afraid to use it! I'm thinking of taking it to my mom's so I can use it there while visiting.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by carrieg
I purchased a Centennial off Craig's List for $200 over a year ago. The lady showed me how to work and had it all oiled/greased. I'm afraid to use it! I'm thinking of taking it to my mom's so I can use it there while visiting.
Please don't be afraid to use your FW. I let my grandson sew on it when he was 4 y.o. They are small but sturdy! :-D
Old 07-31-2011, 08:35 AM

Susan Margaret,
I found this "club" when a board member responded to my posting of my 1st FW purchase on 7/30 -- she advised I check out the featherweight club. love it.
I can totally identify with you not wanting to part with any of your 4.
I've wanted a FW for about 2 years -- never did find a deal/steal -- so decided to go with a fair price that I found at a small town sewing machine repair shop: $249. for a 221, new case, new electric cord, newly serviced. Now I can enjoy using it and relax as I continue my search for a deal/steal.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:54 AM

Just so everyone knows after the initial 25 dollars it has cost me about 150 to get all of the stuff for it (Case, Feet, maintanace etc) so the steal just took longer to pay for (over time ) :-) so even though I found a stel you quilters who are gettign the good deals are paying pretty much about right for them -

Originally Posted by judyjudyjudy
Susan Margaret,
I found this "club" when a board member responded to my posting of my 1st FW purchase on 7/30 -- she advised I check out the featherweight club. love it.
I can totally identify with you not wanting to part with any of your 4.
I've wanted a FW for about 2 years -- never did find a deal/steal -- so decided to go with a fair price that I found at a small town sewing machine repair shop: $249. for a 221, new case, new electric cord, newly serviced. Now I can enjoy using it and relax as I continue my search for a deal/steal.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-31-2011, 08:57 AM

I just bought Baby Girl. Haven't done any pics yet. She is a Centennial edition. Now to find a place to set her up.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:01 AM

I'm ashamed to say that I'm the proud owner of a beautiful little girl (FW) and I've never used her. Bought her from a friend, had it cleaned and readied for use, and is still sitting in my sewing room. Maybe through this chat area I'll get the encouragement I need to get her out and use her. Think I should give her a name?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:02 AM

thanks for the encouragement on the price i paid for my FW, $249. I did figure that buying a machine that was professionally serviced ($70.00), came with a new case ($50?) was pretty much "paying it forward." i've never oiled/taken apart a sewing machine -- so wouldn't have been able to "clean it up" by myself. I am encouraged by the club members who service their own FWs, and i intend to get david mccallum's dvd on the 221 care. i definitely have the FW fever --- am still on craig's list looking for a steal/deal. :)