Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 11-17-2011, 03:44 PM

I have an off white one which was my daughters--but I took it back,and I just bought a little black one.Havent used it yet want to oil her up good first.Both are 221s.Looking forward to learning how to take care of them.Maybe try some fmq on it.I recently bought one of those tables made for fw machines at a garage sale for $6.00.(not trying to brag--just excited)I think I got that "bug"
Old 11-17-2011, 06:07 PM

your site is just lovely...want to order some items..do you give any discounts to the Quilting board members..just a thought??
Thanks much and Happy Stitching....
Old 11-18-2011, 08:40 AM

The penguin foot is the original walking foot designed for the Singer Featherweight. They are extremely rare and bring a high price among collectors. I bought one from a Singer dealer's personal singer attachment collection many years ago. It is the only one I have even seen.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 AM

I have bought several from Goodwill online and just needed to clean, oil and lubricate them. I need to sell 2 or 3 but don't want the ordeal of shipping. Hopefully I'll find someone local looking to buy. You'll find one just when you're thinking of giving up on it!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:32 PM

I would like to know how to take the musty smell out of the case or if it possible to take it out. I have five one for each of my granddaughters and four of the casesw smell. I don"t keep them in the cases. bignan
Old 11-20-2011, 08:06 AM

I am going this morning to look at a Featherweight this morning. WhooHooo! I hope she will be an early Christmas present for me. Wish me Featherweight luck.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:46 PM

I have a FW named Miss B. cause when i got her she was in a bad state. Missing alot of parts and all that. But she has been rescued and repaired and cleaned up real nice for her age. She is 1951 cent and runs quite and very smooth, beautiful stitch and all. But the motor says ac or dc i know about AC but how does DC work?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:40 AM

I found one last week and bought it. I want to put a hand crank on it. Is it possible to do that? With a reproduction crank?
Do I need a different wheel?
Thanks
Pat
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by bignan 1935 View Post
I would like to know how to take the musty smell out of the case or if it possible to take it out. I have five one for each of my granddaughters and four of the casesw smell. I don"t keep them in the cases. bignan
Have read in the FW book 221 by Sebro..that the musty smell is a rather common occurence and they have not yet determined why it is so common. That being said, the smell is indicative of Mold growing some where inside the case or under the liner.. the suggestions in the book and on some FW sites have suggested the way to rid the odor is to place case in Direct sunlight as Sunlight kills mold spores. Not sure that will help if it is behind the liner.. some have had luck with putting dryer sheets inside.. hope some of this helps..
Regards,
Old 11-21-2011, 01:07 PM

I have a white FW and 3 black ones....would love to own a tan one.