Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Hallmark Deluxe Sewing Machine >

Hallmark Deluxe Sewing Machine

Hallmark Deluxe Sewing Machine

Old 09-03-2017, 03:12 PM

Default Hallmark Deluxe Sewing Machine

Hi! I'm new to this board and I love to quilt! I bought an older sewing machine today. It's a Hallmark Deluxe, lavender in color. I thought it was complete and ready to sew on but when I got home and examined it I realized that it was missing the bobbin case. There is no paperwork with it so I can't look at a parts list. If I get a bobbin case I feel like it will work fine as everything seems to move smoothly when powered up. I did some google searches and this forum was the only link to my new machine so I figured someone on this board knows about the Hallmark sewing machine. I appreciate any help from forum members. I don't know how to upload a picture but will definitely do so when I figure it out. If you can help with this too I would be most appreciative! Thanks in advance. Noel
Old 09-03-2017, 04:44 PM

First thing, your photo has to be about 1.2 mb. Any larger than that and it will give you an error message, but doesn't tell you what's wrong. (You can use "Paint" which comes with windows to resize your image if it's too large. It's under windows accessories on Windows 8.)

I think it's easier from your computer than your phone.

I'll give you the easy upload tute. Above this message is a row of clickables. The third one from the right is the one to click to upload a photo. Just hover over it and it will say, "insert image". Just click and follow the directions.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 09-03-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:33 PM

Welcome Noel, I'd sure like to find a lavender machine.

There are a couple of threads that have a screen shot with arrows pointing to what you need to look for to post images Which would you choose?
Newbie to Vintage Machines and to Online Forums-Help wanted

In addition to Steve's great instructions you will probably want to resize your picture and "save as" with a different name so you can have both pictures and know which picture you can post. I have an old camera and so my pictures start out smaller than most of the cameras in use now. I reduce a lot of mine by percentage as that is easiest for me, although there are other methods and the "help" section of this board also has many posts about resizing photos to post as evidenced by https://www.google.com/search?q=+res...ges&gws_rd=ssl

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager on my Windows 8.1 laptop. One of the options to "Edit Pictures" is Resize. I use "Percentage of original." Then "Save As" with a different name. Then do not save "original changes" (option when close program) so still have original size.

More than likely the bobbin case would be a one o'clock position bobbin case. There is one for the side loading machines (which I believe yours probably is) and one for front loading at http://shop.sew-classic.com/Bobbin-C...ger-JO1313.htm Sew-classic also sells bobbins and needles.

Have you checked out Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines and Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:15 AM

Welcome!! Yes a picture of anything lavender is a delight. I recently bought a sewing machine repair out. I have boxes and boxes of things I have not gone through yet. I know he told me he had one Featherweight bobbin case left and then I bought a Featherweight without one, but I'd like to see what you've got.

Marcia