Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Has Anyone Seen One Like This? >

Has Anyone Seen One Like This?

Has Anyone Seen One Like This?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

Isn't it odd how one machine will have a really good 'feel' to it - I love it when I find them.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Vridar View Post
My curiosity is satisfied. Today I finished the initial cleaning of this Capri branded whatever it is. OMGosh, I expected it to be a solid machine, but I was still astounded how well it is made and the stitching it does. It will compete with my best machines. Of course it only straight stitches but has the power to power a ZZ attachment if needed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444886[/ATTACH]
I noticed that the tag on the motor says your 'Capri' is made by Brother's Industrial Machines. Nice. I love the durability of my Brother machines.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Isn't it odd how one machine will have a really good 'feel' to it - I love it when I find them.
Miriam, It's a feeling difficult to describe to someone not familiar with it. I'm getting it much too often. I have to part with some that have given me that "good feeling."
Old 11-04-2013, 07:45 PM

It looks like old adhesive over the brand name. I wonder why they had the name covered up at one time?

You have a nice machine!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Vridar View Post
Miriam, It's a feeling difficult to describe to someone not familiar with it. I'm getting it much too often. I have to part with some that have given me that "good feeling."
What were they??? Maybe that should be a new topic...
Lately, I parted with a Phoenix - WOW It was German made and did a variety of stitches but it was WOW
Then there have been a few clones that were a little bit WOW at least for a clone. One was a MW made by Happy. One was a "Universal" clone. Currently I'm using a 241-13 Singer that is WOW - I think someone did a wonderful job setting up the clutch on it. I finally have a machine for home sewing that can keep up with me but not run my arm off from the start. A lot of times the industrials are set up to zoom through pieces. I've been considering change it to my go to machine. Then last week I parted with Mr. Ugly. Mr. Ugly is a Singer 15 with an 1898 patent date. Mr Ugly would sew through heavy leather or jeans quite nicely. Most Singer 15 or clones do but that one was special. Some I don't realize some times right away how special a machine can be until I use it a bit and some it hits me hard when I first see it. I've always liked the old Elna machines, too. I can't say the same for all European machines but there are some that are very nice. I have a Bernina 'Favorit' somewhere that is really nice except for some plastic parts. I've also realized how well made the old Singer 27 machine - so simple, too. Then there are the leg irons from a "Weed" WOW that wheel is awesome!

Last edited by miriam; 11-04-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Power Poster

I don't know what you paid for that Capri but the old industrial machines do hold their value pretty well. New it might have cost a couple grand depending on how old it is and what it does.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
It looks like old adhesive over the brand name. I wonder why they had the name covered up at one time?

You have a nice machine!
I'm thinking the adhesive around the "Capri" is part of the decal. I've also found the Brother motor may be a replacement. The motor is a different blue. My current thinking is it may be an industrial converted to home use.

Miriam, I'm thinking of disposing of: 1 Happy Signature w/cams, 3 15s, a couple of clones, a Morse, and Elna Supermatic. These all gave me the Wow felling. But, the 201, one 15, Necchi BU gave me the WOW feeling. I have a Dressmaker and MW freearm that give me the Duh feeling. The other black Singers such as 99s, 128s are OK but no Wow. Oh, yes. Forgot the hand crank. Will put it on the best 128 and keep it. Thinking of pricing reasonably and giving the warranty of 1 yr service you mentioned in another thread. Don't have big expectations but I can continue my enjoyment if I get rid of some and keep looking for that ​WOW.

BTW, the "Capri" cost me $34 + shipping.

Last edited by Vridar; 11-05-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

LOL I have 168 fabulous machines to sell... LOL
Old 11-05-2013, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
LOL I have 168 fabulous machines to sell... LOL
WOW

Added to satisfy the ten word minimum requirement. Nine - Ten
Old 11-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

maybe more or less..... lots of machines here.