Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
How do I convince "them" to buy retro? >

How do I convince "them" to buy retro?

How do I convince "them" to buy retro?

Old 06-04-2014, 04:43 PM

My fascination with vintage machines began with the Singer Featherweights. I read an article about Featherweights in a copy of Quilter's Home with Mark Lipinski. In my typical fashion, I decided I had to have one. Now. I bought my first one and later acquired two more.

Then my sister gave me my grandmother's 15-90 that she wasn't using and was just taking up space. The love affair with Vintage Machines was starting to grow. Enter Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville.com, she does "QuiltCam" online where you can sew along with her on what ever project you want. She has a love of vintage sewing machines and frequently sews on one while doing QuiltCam. Oh now the love affair was really heating up.

My point is that maybe someone in the store needs to have a project going on one of the vintage machines. This will spark comments and interest and I bet they will start selling. You can always adjust your 1/4 seam to whatever it needs to be on the next machine you sew on.

I still use my Husqvarna Viking Designer SE that can sing and dance. It just depends what I am working on. If I am doing paper piecing then the Designer SE is my first choice. Can't beat that thread cutter!