I Scored Big Time!!!!

Old 09-14-2010, 10:30 AM

hey you hit the mother lode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is fantastic!!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 AM

Hi Billy I have the same machine--it was my mothers--it is in a cabinet--have all the parts except the zig zag and the buttom holler--haven't even used it--didn't know it was any good since everyone talks about the featherweight. Years ago I wanted to take it out of the cabinet & bring it to a dealer to fix but to no avail--so just left it & when I moved I brought it with me & it is still closed up--I painted the cabinet but didn't do a really good job. Maybe I should take it out & try again. The only thing bad on it is the little wheel where you have to wind the bobbin on-that piece is worn off. Do you think it can be fixed? Would any one else know-If so kindly let me know. Thanks a million
Fran
Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 AM

Awwwwwww I am so jealous of your finds! lol I do wish to find a nice treadle in the future for sure. Great find and deal Billy!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fran624
Hi Billy I have the same machine--it was my mothers--it is in a cabinet--have all the parts except the zig zag and the buttom holler--haven't even used it--didn't know it was any good since everyone talks about the featherweight. Years ago I wanted to take it out of the cabinet & bring it to a dealer to fix but to no avail--so just left it & when I moved I brought it with me & it is still closed up--I painted the cabinet but didn't do a really good job. Maybe I should take it out & try again. The only thing bad on it is the little wheel where you have to wind the bobbin on-that piece is worn off. Do you think it can be fixed? Would any one else know-If so kindly let me know. Thanks a million
Fran
Are you talking about the rubber tire for the winder? If you do I carry those parts and have tons of them if you need one. Just PM me and we can work out the logistics.

Billy
Old 09-14-2010, 11:05 AM

Wow! what a find, can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations! :thumbup:
Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 AM

All that just for 20 bucks! Wow good job!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:59 PM

Billy,
Somehow I lost you on the last blog. How is your dog????
Old 09-14-2010, 02:52 PM

Has anyone noticed that the older folks took exquisite care of their machines, with every single thing they bought with it still there? While I have to hunt all over the place just to find where I put the owner's manual..I'll find it one of these days, probably right with the walking foot, which I know I have, but don't know where it is. Probably either my live-in goblin-ghost, George, or a cat named Koko.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Has anyone noticed that the older folks took exquisite care of their machines, with every single thing they bought with it still there? While I have to hunt all over the place just to find where I put the owner's manual..I'll find it one of these days, probably right with the walking foot, which I know I have, but don't know where it is. Probably either my live-in goblin-ghost, George, or a cat named Koko.

Sorry, was distracted by door bell..just someone I don't know, so don't answer the door then.

Probably one of them-George or Koko hid it...
Old 09-14-2010, 02:56 PM

The only thing bad on it is the little wheel where you have to wind the bobbin on-that piece is worn off. Do you think it can be fixed? Would any one else know-
-----------------------
Even if the bobbin winder can't be fixed, use the machine anyway. Then go and get one of those little Sidewinders that do nothing but wind bobbins. I find that mine is time saving, since I don't have to dig out another machine or stop sewing on the one I'm using to wind an empty bobbin.