Id help

Old 05-02-2023, 12:18 PM

Default Id help

Hello! I recently purchased a treadle machine. I haven't been able to find out much about it. I tried to check the serial # but nothing comes up for me. I believe it's A Davis machine with the badge "Cumberland" painted on it. Serial # L261152. I am needing parts (needle clamp, needle and belt) in order to get it going.
Old 05-02-2023, 06:05 PM

Welcome to Quilting Board. I'm going to guess that you may have an underfeed model Davis that is possibly a model L. I believe that it takes an obsolete uses a Singer 1x2 needle which translates to Boye 10 or an industrial MTx190 can be substituted. A picture would help. We have a member that knows needles and particularly those for Davis machines. Can you post a picture as that would help. The belt shouldn't be a problem locating, but the needle clamp may take some time to locate.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 05-02-2023, 06:19 PM

Default I

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Welcome to Quilting Board. I'm going to guess that you may have an underfeed model Davis that is possibly a model L. I believe that it takes an obsolete uses a Singer 1x2 needle which translates to Boye 10 or an industrial MTx190 can be substituted. A picture would help. We have a member that knows needles and particularly those for Davis machines. Can you post a picture as that would help. The belt shouldn't be a problem locating, but the needle clamp may take some time to locate.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Thank you for your help and info! I can not navigate this thread easily because I am not on a computer or Ipad. I can not find the "big red button". Guess I am technology challenged...lol!
Old 05-02-2023, 06:55 PM

I did some screen shots of my computer.
red-reply.png

You should be able to click on the "Go Advanced" as Peckish posted
Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
  • Click "go advanced" (button is at bottom of the reply box).
  • Scroll down and click "Manage attachments"
  • Make the box that pops up bigger, so you can see the right border of the box. Just click and drag the outer edge of the box.
  • Click "browse" and select your picture.
  • Click "upload" on the right side of the box.
  • Click "close this window".
  • Click "submit reply" when you're finished with your post.
A picture of the Reply & Go Advanced at the bottom of the page.
reply-goadvanced.png

Please note to find the "upload" button you will have to scroll way over to the right of the window. Sometimes it takes a little bit.
Also do NOT click on preview as you will lose the attachments.

Old 05-03-2023, 05:26 AM

Someone posted this on a recent thread about non-standard needles, which would apply better on this thread.
Originally Posted by greaterexp View Post
I have found that Jack's Needles, Shuttles, and Bobbins shop usually has needles which aren't standard today. He has been very quick to answer my questions, is very knowledgeable, and ships quickly. https://www.jacksneedles.com/

The Treadle Lady also carries many needles. Look for her shop on Etsy. She ships quickly and is just a delightful lady. It's fun to watch her videos on Instagram.

I'm tickled pink that you are getting your treadle up and running again!
Old 05-03-2023, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by SLMadewell View Post
Thank you for your help and info! I can not navigate this thread easily because I am not on a computer or Ipad. I can not find the "big red button". Guess I am technology challenged...lol!
Okay, I have an android phone and when I tried to reply on this thread while in mobile view None of the options for adding pictures was available. However, there is an option down at the bottom left of the page that is for "Full Site" when I tapped on "Full Site" It then looked like the way it looks on my lap top. So it would have the Red Reply and the Go Advanced options. I did not try to post a picture.
I'm going to send a Private Message to you.