Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
If you could have ANY needle remade, which one would it be? >

If you could have ANY needle remade, which one would it be?

If you could have ANY needle remade, which one would it be?

Old 11-05-2014, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Schmetz doesn't list them on their web site and my local supplies shop (a Schmetz wholesaler) said they no longer make them (this was a week ago). I ordered some 12x1 needles from there about 3 weeks ago (they arrived but I haven't tried them yet) but the number available was very limited. I ordered a pack that was the last one (tried to order another one later).
I think that might be old stock, so stock might be very limited.

There was no manufacture date on the needles. All I know is I ordered 50 12x1 sz 14 and 50 Davis long SZ 14 and they arrived in under a week. If you sit on your hands they might be out for good---Maybee

Jon

PS--ManicMike, Which size 12x1 needles are out of stock so I can avoid them?

Last edited by jlhmnj; 11-05-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
There was no manufacture date on the needles. All I know is I ordered 50 12x1 sz 14 and 50 Davis long SZ 14 and they arrived in under a week. If you sit on your hands they might be out for good---Maybee

Jon

PS--ManicMike, Which size 12x1 needles are out of stock so I can avoid them?
It was a combination pack. I took a picture:

I gave the pack and the machine (the MOP) to Frudemoo. We're going to play with it together when I have more time (probably about three weeks from now.
Attached Thumbnails needle_pack.jpg  
Old 11-06-2014, 09:19 AM

Folks, I would love to get a package of Davis Longs for my cousin, but I'll never use $50 worth of needles, not in this lifetime anyway!
Jeanette
Old 11-06-2014, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
It was a combination pack. I took a picture:

I gave the pack and the machine (the MOP) to Frudemoo. We're going to play with it together when I have more time (probably about three weeks from now.
Wow, I missed that one. What a great idea, I got straight 14's.

Jeanette,

The minimum order is 50 at a little over $2 a needle so around $100 total. Hopefully some wise person will buy some and sell small quantities off the QB forum. I value mine more than gold and they should last me for quite some time.

Jon
Old 11-06-2014, 02:33 PM

Jon,

I understand why you value your needles so highly. I am in a different situation -- the machine I'm looking for needles (the Minnesota A) is going to be my cousin's machine. I am not in a financial position to spend $100+ on sewing machine needles. It's not that I do not value the needles -- I just can't afford them. To make a long story short, I've had back surgery, some adverse reactions to different things, I've been to the pain clinic here about once a month for the past 10 months or so, (and 5-6 years before surgery) and my required medications are about double until after January 1. And, I've long since used up my sick time so when I don't work, I don't get paid! (Not that I would expect to be paid for the time I've missed--it's a lot). Certainly we're not starving, but I really have to pinch my pennies! I could call upon my cousin to pay for them (she will eventually, anyway), but I don't have the front-money right now!
Jeanette
Old 11-06-2014, 02:46 PM

PM your address and I'll send you a few new old stock I have left.

Jon