Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Just purchased three vintage machines >

Just purchased three vintage machines

Just purchased three vintage machines

Old 09-11-2013, 05:08 PM

LOL I was talking to a friend and opened up your post. screamed in her ear and tried to kill it. LOL. that is cute
Old 09-12-2013, 03:13 AM

What great purchases and I thought I was going buggy!!! I too tried to swat the little darling. Ha!!! Now this one kept me in stitches.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:11 AM
Power Poster

You might want to take Ray White's class on sewing repair.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:33 AM

Congrads on finding the machines, i am not having much luck looking for a handcrank full size/ 3/4 machine here in WY.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:23 AM

I DID use fly swat and thought I was a really bad bug killer until I touched the screen with my finger. lol
Old 09-12-2013, 09:40 AM

Tried to flick ant off my iPad as I'm outside til (I'm blushing) I realized its your screen pic. How cute!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:24 PM

Nice machine. I don't feel so bad now I swatted your bug twice and then realized it wasn't real. To cute.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by wilburness View Post
LOL I was talking to a friend and opened up your post. screamed in her ear and tried to kill it. LOL. that is cute
I am so glad everyone is laughing about the little critter. LOL

Originally Posted by Annieflower View Post
What great purchases and I thought I was going buggy!!! I too tried to swat the little darling. Ha!!! Now this one kept me in stitches.
Oh, Too Funny!

Originally Posted by ppquilter View Post
Congrads on finding the machines, i am not having much luck looking for a handcrank full size/ 3/4 machine here in WY.
Thanks, I am so new to this and they were just cheap so I figured well I should get at least one good one out of the bunch! Now I know so much more and have three really great machines. It really is hard trying to find one with all of the extras. Good luck on your search.

Originally Posted by misseva View Post
I DID use fly swat and thought I was a really bad bug killer until I touched the screen with my finger. lol
Now that's really funny. I am getting such a kick out of you all because of my avatar..LOL

Originally Posted by nwm50 View Post
Tried to flick ant off my iPad as I'm outside til (I'm blushing) I realized its your screen pic. How cute!
Thanks. One forum had complaints about it, they pretty much said: you know there are people out there that are phobic about bugs and spiders and you shouldn't have one as an avatar.

Originally Posted by Quilter Day-by-Day View Post
Nice machine. I don't feel so bad now I swatted your bug twice and then realized it wasn't real. To cute.
My poor little Ava *bug* Tar. It appears a few others wanted to KEEL it too! You are in good company If anyone is really bugged ( pardon the pun) by this and the moving bug bothers you just tell me and I will replace it right away with a different avatar as I do have several. I know seeing it over and over again might get tiresome. Just let me know, Okay?

Old 09-15-2013, 12:13 PM

Scrub those flakes off with a stiff brush and then clean the entire machine ( outsides ) using lighter fluid. I use naptha to clean machines, which is what lighter fluid is. I buy it in gallon containers and it's cheaper that way.