Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Loooonnggg over due before and after Singer Redeye make over >

Loooonnggg over due before and after Singer Redeye make over

Loooonnggg over due before and after Singer Redeye make over

Old 12-02-2013, 02:02 PM

Default Redeye Back clamping attachments

JoAnn,
The picture is fuzzy but I think you can see my redeye back clamp. Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails redeye-foot-002.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 02:46 PM

YES, I see it. Maybe Macybaby has one in her collection of all kinds of interesting things. I have lots of old Singers, but this is the only one this old that I own. Someone gave me a boxful of stuff like this one time a long time ago, but I can't remember if there was something like this in it; and am not sure if I can even find the box anymore.....and with Christmas sewing and shopping coming at me right now, it may be a long while before I can get back to this. Anyway, thanks for your interest and help.

BTW, the husband is retired AF but he has been out now longer than he was in (60 to 80 for his 20 years). We love TN, and I see you are from Huntsville--and I love to come down to Scottsboro to shop Unclaimed Baggage. Join us sometimes......he sits in an unoccupied sofa while I shop. Y'all could probably compare war stories, then we could go find an interesting place to eat.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:07 PM

I have been out longer than in to. Retired in 1987. Yes sometime after the holidays we will have to meet in Scottsboro. So you do have a back clamp on the redeye. Mine is 1916 but I did find a complete set of attachments for it with help of this board. The machine was my wife's grandma's and I am still using it to piece quilt and make civil war clothes. I do have a civil war era Grover and Baker sewing machine that I use for this to. Well I have a bout 40 + Handcranks and treadles and I use them all. Here is the funny thing the wife does not sew at all and has no desire. She does a lot of crafts thou. Glad I could help you with the redeye
Skip
Old 12-02-2013, 07:22 PM

we got to discussing back clamp feet on a thread not long ago. Scroll down past the WW stuff and there are lots of pictures of different back clamp attachments.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...a-t235011.html
Old 12-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Glenn sure did a wonderful job making that machine beautiful again. I don't redo old machines but, I always like to see how things are done and transformed. Great words and pictures.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:25 AM

This thread has helped me a lot. You know, there ALWAYS are basic things a newbie like me doesn't know, like NEVER use small plastic containers subject to melting with chemicals!
This forum is a source of wisdom. What I particularly appreciate in this thread is the order every step has been carefully explained and illustrated. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2013, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do this. It is really helpful!
Ditto This is awesomely great. Since I've gotten older I seem to need the pics alot more, this helps me so much!!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Glenn, there is something very satisfying when you get one done and it looks beautiful. It took all day but I got it looking quite grand!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:23 PM

You are right about that. It is a great feeling when all the hard work comes together and the machine looks good again. I just love working on the old machines.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:35 PM

@miriam - i just saw this thread and i will say that you did an amazing job transforming that 66 red eye. this is a great tutorial and will surely use this on my vintage machines. thanks for posting it.