Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Miriam is having a party and EVERYBODY is invited!!! >

Miriam is having a party and EVERYBODY is invited!!!

Miriam is having a party and EVERYBODY is invited!!!

Old 09-07-2015, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
How about a couple of Utah classics - funeral potatoes and green jello with shredded carrots. (I hear tale that the jello classifies as a green salad.) Or maybe French fries with fry sauce. Raise your hand if you're familiar with any of these.
Mormon funeral potatoes is what I know them as plus that lime jello salad with shredded carrots. Yep had them both. Never had fries with fry sauce though.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:25 PM

Yummmy! I am dying and going to heaven! I made peanut butter cookies that look like buttons. I found the recipe on Facebook. I'm making BLT's in the kitchen and will bring my Pfaff 11 handcrank! I doing some paper piecing and will happily take in any and all scraps. OOoh the beer and the maple bacon yummmmm! You throw the best parties Miriam!
Old 09-07-2015, 04:26 PM

Hey, I'm on my way. Just pulled the Poor Man's Lasagna out of the oven and the sour cream pound cake is cut too.

I'll bring my Two Spools for everyone to look at and maybe play with. She is wanting another home. Maybe I'll also bring the herd of 201s.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:32 PM

I never heard of funeral potatoes until today! I guessed they were made from hashbrowns so I googled to see what all the fuss was about. I googled funeral potatoes and would you believe there's actually a Wikipedia page for funeral potatoes?
Old 09-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Hope you still have some room left in your tummies, cause I just got here with deviled eggs and dinner plate sized breaded tenderloin sandwiches (Indiana famous!)
But I am confused - is this a party or a wake? LOL
Where are you at. I might just come to your place...
Old 09-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
I never heard of funeral potatoes until today! I guessed they were made from hashbrowns so I googled to see what all the fuss was about. I googled funeral potatoes and would you believe there's actually a Wikipedia page for funeral potatoes?
Oh dear, potatoes are on Dad's no no list... but funeral potatoes do sound good and look good - yup I had to Google, too. Mom's no no list and Dad's no no list are different. The food around here is very boring. How many ways can you cook things that are mushy and with out potassium or carbs? Imaginary food is so much more fun.

It has been hot here so how about an ice cream sundae bar??? My treat... I can talk big if it is imaginary right??? All you can eat 59 varieties of ice cream, unlimited toppings and NO CALORIES!!!

Last edited by miriam; 09-07-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Oh dear, potatoes are on Dad's no no list... but funeral potatoes do sound good and look good - yup I had to Google, too. Mom's no no list and Dad's no no list are different. The food around here is very boring. How many ways can you cook things that are mushy and with out potassium or carbs? Imaginary food is so much more fun.

It has been hot here so how about an ice cream sundae bar??? My treat... I can talk big if it is imaginary right??? All you can eat 59 varieties of ice cream, unlimited toppings and NO CALORIES!!!
Only if you offer licorice ice cream as one of the 59 flavors!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 05:28 PM

I'll bring my 15-91 for you guys to fix the timing on. I've had the thing 3 years (4?) and took it to my SMG . I asked him to fix the wiring. Guess I should have been really specific--"and make it work." He fixed the wiring. I didn't realize when I took it home that it wouldn't actually sew, so I called him and he said I only asked (and paid) for him to fix the wiring .

You guys could probably have it fixed in a matter of minutes.

I'll bring Maryland steam crabs, some corn on the cob, and some Berger's cookies (a Baltimore-made favorite).
Old 09-07-2015, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
How about tiger tail? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_tail_ice_cream

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
I'll bring my 15-91 for you guys to fix the timing on.
Assuming the needle's oriented the right way (most common reason for a vintage machine not to sew), check my YouTube channel for how timing works on a vintage machine. I used a 201 but the theory is the same, it's just the angle of approach that is different.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:42 PM

Heck ya!!! Sounds scrumptious. Bring it on!!