More attachments and stuff

Old 03-27-2014, 05:01 AM

I don't sell most of this stuff - since it's basic and rather low value, and I ended up with it because it was part of a "lot" including other items I was after - I just give it away instead. Otherwise it will be stuck in a box in a closet somewhere. I don't have much "extras" of the rarer, higher value items, usually they are what I'm after when I end up with a large mixed lot, and the rest is stuff I don't want or have a use for.

With the stuff pictured above, the seller didn't even include a picture of the closed Wilcox & Gibbs set, or I expect I may have had some competition getting it. I wasn't sure what it was going to be based on a bad picture of it open mixed in with the other stuff. I knew it was something I didn't have, and there were enough other items I was willing to go for it. There have been a time or two I guessed wrong LOL!!

Screwdrivers are the one item that is almost always missing from sets. I hope to some day get a set of the "corkscrew" screwdrivers and stilleto. I have an early puzzle box that would take them, but they are the hardest items to get. Since I have about 50 sets of attachments for my collection, I don't think I'll ever have extra screwdrivers - maybe the Greist ones, but not the older Singer ones.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:59 AM

Cathy, The set of cams in the buff box with the broken lid are the same as those that fit my Kenmore 158-15000. Joe
Old 03-27-2014, 08:07 AM

Joe - that is interesting. Mine is a 158-18xxxx and that style cam is significantly different.

If I don't get any other takers, I'll box that stuff up and send it to you. I know you have more interest in the early zigzag machines and I never will. I was hoping someone on the board might have a machine and be in need of some of this.

I have three packages that should show up today - though only the slant-o-matic foot is coming with extras I don't want.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:48 PM

Yeah Cathy with your collection I can imagine how many sets of screwdrivers you would "need" LOL
I think I ended up with one of those spiral handled screwdrivers when I got my Singer Treadle...can't imagine needed it more than the looped ones that should be in my puzzle box. I should probably sell or trade it huh?
I always love to see your posts as you have such a fun outlook on those old machines!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
And then all the "extra" stuff that I honestly would have been just fine if it wasn't included. Hopefully someone here can use some of it.

Buttonholers - I have one of each of these already - except for the gray box marked HS on the end. Yes - that stands for High Shank (straight). It is made to work with a zig zag machine, set to straight stitch with the needle in the LEFT position. The Singers are all short shank, and the red is "New Home" which is the same as Free Westinghouse (remember, this is NOT the older New Home).

And some other stuff - needles and screw drivers, this I'll keep too - some day I may have collected enough screwdrivers to have one for each set of attachments I have - well, probably not . . .

and manuals - and none of these are for machines I have or hope to have.
Cathy,

I know someone who has at least one HS left homing ZZ machine that would really like to make button holes. If'n you're gonna rehome it, I could make good use of it.

Joe