more for the Bone pile

Old 12-20-2014, 11:52 AM

I absolutely love your sense of humor and fun writing style! I have been reading along and thinking....."how wonderful that you are bringing her back to life". Then I read where you said "...she has a groove on the shuttle race....she has done a lot of work in her day..." and I just burst out laughing. Suddenly I could hear her say......"No! Leave me alone, I just wanna sleep. Can't you see I've slaved enough! Argh!" Lol!!
Old 12-20-2014, 12:21 PM

Ha hahahah she did say that !!! >>>> No! Leave me alone, then she found out she's making a quilt that may go to a 9 year old girl and she maybe going to her also..

all depends on mom and dad wanting to deal with needles and fingers.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:16 PM

In working with the old gal, I had sewn a piece together out of scraps left from the last top I did. With no plans or pattern, That became a fairly good size, There was quite a bit still left. I had left over piece of printed quilt looking stuff, pieces of batting left overs, a cotton flannel sheet doing nothing..
Thinking the sheet and the pieces of batting would work for a filler just fine.

so I programmed her,, feed her all the materials, tripped her trigger and bingo she put out this. every thing went great

UNTILL ( as always) the very last stretch of basting, I noticed about 4 feet into it the black line ( thread) looked nice and straight, she sewing super good now. Eeeeee it never looks straight , nope, she stopped pick up the bobbin thread ,
I turned her off deprogrammed her. and start checking played with the needle adjusted this and that, nothing was working. when over all this 2x's 3x's and about the go for #4, then notice the thread out of the upper tension was hanging loose. The thread had jumped out of the split at the needle bar aka take up lever.

The way I sew the seams is like the legs seams in pants. sew the seam,,, fold the fabric over and sew the exposed side of the seam ,, she did it. really sews very well. a fun machine to use
She did make a few nips, tucks, and wiggle wobbles, she was hurrying along as we watch the rain singing that " come Heaven or high water" song , well some song like that ..
all that was yesterday to day she's a happy sewing machine camper

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503414[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503417[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_0298.jpg   100_0297.jpg   100_0299.jpg  
Old 12-22-2014, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx View Post
Ha hahahah she did say that !!! >>>> No! Leave me alone, then she found out she's making a quilt that may go to a 9 year old girl and she maybe going to her also..

all depends on mom and dad wanting to deal with needles and fingers.
Nothing better than aiming a kid in a positive direction. Sewing will do that. I hope mom and dad go along. Treadles are pretty safe. Muscle powered tools stop quickly when it hurts.
Rodney