My Singer 201-2 came today

Old 02-05-2011, 05:21 AM

Congratulations on your 201-2!!! That is the "last one" on my list, too ;-) ....hahaha!! Not sure where I will be putting it and it will need a cabinet of course :mrgreen:

Do you have pictures of your new baby, yet? Can't wait to see them!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:12 AM

congrats! I just got a 503a and am in love with her. I woke up at like 3:30 in the morning the night I got her with the name Liza Jane in my head....so Liza Jane she is! She replaces my newest (agewise) machine which was a 12yo kenmore that the computer died in. I am going to try fmq on her as soon as I get a foot but it may be a couple weeks before that happens......:-(
Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish
It came! It came! My Singer 201-2 sewing machine is finally here.
I found one, yesterday, on Craigslist and after roaming the internet for information on how to clean the bobbin area I found a great site with wonderful instructions & pictures showing how to care for the 201. I have the original manual that came with mine but I'm having a hard time seeing the pictures clearly.

This site also has wonderful information for the Singer 66, 99 and 15k:
http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/
Old 02-06-2011, 05:46 PM

Thanks Cathy for the information. Mine came with the manuel too but like you, I was having trouble seeing it.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by KatFish
It came! It came! My Singer 201-2 sewing machine is finally here.
I found one, yesterday, on Craigslist and after roaming the internet for information on how to clean the bobbin area I found a great site with wonderful instructions & pictures showing how to care for the 201. I have the original manual that came with mine but I'm having a hard time seeing the pictures clearly.

This site also has wonderful information for the Singer 66, 99 and 15k:
http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/
Yeah, that Tools for Self Reliance site is amazing. It's the most thorough instructions for resoration of the 66, 99, 201 and 15 that I've found. Extremely helpful.

I found a 201 about a month ago and have it all cleaned up and running nicely. I was happy, even tho the head is not in great cosmetic condition. Most of the clear coat is gone, and also some paint loss and most of the bed decals are gone. It has some rust in the areas that have lost paint. The light is covered with peck marks that I can only think came from the point of some scissors hitting it repeatedly on the upswing to clip threads.

This week I have found another machine that I'm going to see tomorrow. When they sent pics, it was another 201! In fact, made in the same year and run as the one I have now. But this one is in vastly better cosmetic condition. It looks mint. I can't resist... I figure I can always give the first one away to someone who can't afford a good machine. Or if I teach lessons, it will be here to use.