new old Pfaff 130

Old 06-20-2014, 05:12 PM

Good luck.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:04 PM

Default The black thingy for the Pfaff 130

That is a blade to cut the fabric inside the button hole. Hold blade down on inside of button hole and tap. It will cut the fabric for the button. I had to ask also. Lol ... I love my 130. Hope you do the same.

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
I swear I have sewing machine radar. I can just be going about my business and that radar goes off and tells me where to go. I wasn't planning on looking for machines, but the radar went off and wouldn't be denied! So off to the senior center thrift shop I went.

I've only been there once before and it wasn't too promising but I poked around and finally asked up front if they ever see machines.It's another case of, If I didn't ask, I never would have known. The main space had zero sewing machines, but apparently they have an "antique room" that was locked and it had a Singer in a bentwood case. Also they have an area behind the store in a shed? where they have tables and tv's and such.

So there in the midst of the pile sits a Pfaff 130. It was on top of it's cabinet and the cabinet was too far gone for me to even consider. I was also surprised to see them trying to sell the sm and cabinet together for 150! The machine was frozen and no cord or foot controller, together with damaged cabinet wasn't adding up for me, but I made a deal for the machine and it came with a Pfaff tin of accessories and the manual. The woman there was happily telling me how it sews through leather..lol! It doesn't sew through anything in this condition but with luck maybe sew!

I have it marinating in the garage. Last night I was able to get the needle moving but there is plenty more to free up still.

Does anyone know what the darker metal thing about 3 o'clock in the attachment pile is?
Old 08-05-2014, 06:09 AM

Thank you. I am still battling with this machine. I hope one day to have it back together and working well, but for now it's still a work in progress.