now I feel better

Old 03-10-2015, 08:30 AM

Default now I feel better

I haven't bought a machine in a while - well, sort of . . . I forgot about the one I'm suppose to pick up tonight -but that is one I'm not excited about . . .it's a National "Locomotive" also referred to as "streamliner" and I already have one. This one belonged to a friend of a friend - and they wanted it out of the house. I expect I can find someone that wants it.

But I did just buy one for the collection -

I've kicked around the idea of getting an American #7 off and on - just because they look so darn neat. Not really on my "collection" list, though it sort of "fits" in that it's an early high arm machine. I'm still looking for the very early Eldredge, and the Howe High Arm, though I'm not looking real hard for one of them.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:34 AM

Congrats on the American! .... and the Locomotive.
The Locomotives are neat machines in a homely sort of way.
Rodney
Old 03-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Banned

lol, I had literally JUST mentioned that there was an American no 7 head on Needlebar as a comparison to my American 7 handcrank, but when I went back to look it had been bought!

If it was you on fleabay, congrats!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:17 PM

Yea, that was me . . . this one does not have the leaf tension. I'll post lots of pictures when it shows up. the sellers sells a lot of vintage machines, so I'm hopeful they pack well. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've bought from them before.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Yea, that was me . . .
Excellent! Now I have access to the research info, but do not have to store it!!! LoL
Old 03-10-2015, 03:33 PM

Congratulations! Yeah "homely" sorta describes the streamliner for me, but the 7 looked pretty cool! I would be excited for that to show up too!

I am trying desperately to control the buying impulse and get busy working on some machines! It's just too exciting to find a good one isn't it?
Old 03-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
... It's just too exciting to find a good one isn't it?
Tell me about it. Wait until you see what I am picking up this Friday (at the Yacht Club no less.....)
Old 03-10-2015, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Tell me about it. Wait until you see what I am picking up this Friday (at the Yacht Club no less.....)
Ooooooooh! I have to live vicariously for now so I can't wait to see what you get!!
Old 03-11-2015, 06:04 AM

I'm trying hard not to add anything to MY "collection" (which I'm still in a little bit of denial that it's a collection, I just have sort of a lot of machines) but it's rough.

I learned how to sew on my gran's Pfaff 332-260 and I've wanted one of those for awhile now. I see two on eBay right now exactly like hers and I'm sooooo tempted.... *sigh* Maybe I can convince DH to buy one of them for me for my birthday, that way *I* didn't buy it and that makes it OK. LOL There's nothing all that special about the machine (although I think the way the bed folds down is pretty cool), I just want one for sentimental reasons.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:32 AM

Sewnoma...just get it and call it a Bday present for yourself. This Bday is a big one and you may need some immediate gratification to get through it. (Ask me how I know...LOL.)

Hoppin' birdies, two ewes, BTW.

~ C