Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Okay, we might as well get this over with... >

Okay, we might as well get this over with...

Okay, we might as well get this over with...

Old 12-16-2013, 09:00 AM

I wouldn't mind having one of "those" days. Very nice!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

To make things right you could see if the "buyer" still wanted it. Instead of letting niece have it. At least that gesture would have been righted. But if the buyer still couldn't make up their mind, then carry on with your plans. Same thing happened to me. I saw an item some one else wanted. They hemhawed around about the cost. So DH and I purchased and made the drive to get it. Then they decided they wanted it but not what we paid for it. Too bad so sad. They had their chance. Just give them the chance but at what you paid for it at the very least.
Originally Posted by Lew Schiller View Post
It's beginning to look like she'll be going off with my wife to be given to a niece as a wedding present.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:16 PM

I have no idea who you're referring to.
There was no Buyer. This was a ShopGoodwill auction.
This post was to be a humorous goof on the fact that some times I (we) initially think something isn't of interest but later change our minds.
When Joe pointed the item out as interesting I - thinking I wasn't interested - said I'd help anybody here who bought it.
That offer stood. Had somebody here out bid and won it I'd have been glad to to the assist.
As it was - there were 3 bidders all early on the day it closed. I bid late on the day it closed.
High bidder ahead of me was $15.99
I bid $16.99

I don't think anybody else wanted it very much if that's as high as they were willing to go.

So - with that - I'll keep any future posts to facts and avoid humor.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lew Schiller View Post
I have no idea who you're referring to.
There was no Buyer. This was a ShopGoodwill auction.
This post was to be a humorous goof on the fact that some times I (we) initially think something isn't of interest but later change our minds.
When Joe pointed the item out as interesting I - thinking I wasn't interested - said I'd help anybody here who bought it.
That offer stood. Had somebody here out bid and won it I'd have been glad to to the assist.
As it was - there were 3 bidders all early on the day it closed. I bid late on the day it closed.
High bidder ahead of me was $15.99
I bid $16.99

I don't think anybody else wanted it very much if that's as high as they were willing to go.

So - with that - I'll keep any future posts to facts and avoid humor.
Your not getting off quite that easy, you must add a bit of humor or I won't read your posts
Old 12-16-2013, 04:07 PM

I think many of us have looked at a machine a few days before the end of the auction and thought-"Not interested". Then when it comes down to the last day or minutes, temptation gets the better of us and a bid is placed. Been there done that many times. I saw the humor in your post and the entire situation---don't avoid humor even if someone else missed it.

Jon