Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   9 patch on it's way (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/9-patch-its-way-t254240.html)

monopas 10-02-2014 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by sdhaevrsi (Post 6912282)
And, Rodney, the quilt was started while she was struggling in rehab, and will continue on with her as she keeps working to fully recover in her home, so it will still be closely linked with her own journey. :-)

Yes, that! She has all of the good intentions already, she'll get the tangible reminder probably right when she needs it.

Cari-in-Oly 10-02-2014 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6912229)
That or I'll just make Olivia do it. ;) What's the point in having a kid and a sewing machine if you don't start a sweatshop anyway?
Rodney

Absolutely, I like your thinking. I'm not liking to admit it, but my blocks just went out this morning.

Wonderful news about Ashlea, Miriam, continuing to send good thoughts her way.

Cari

Rodney 10-02-2014 12:50 PM

More a comment on unrealistic deadlines than anything else. :) It takes time for people to pull together for things like this.
Cari you're fine. I haven't counted blocks to be sure what's here. I'm expecting to see blocks coming into next week but I should have a good enough idea of what we will have total to start sewing by Saturday.
Rodney

Celeste 10-02-2014 02:20 PM

Joe, do you have cats? My squares were made using dog fabrics.

miriam 10-02-2014 02:33 PM

Rodney, their 1st anniversary is November 2.

Rodney 10-02-2014 04:13 PM

It will be done and shipped well before then.
Rodney

Rodney 10-02-2014 05:40 PM

Another big mail day! We received blocks from 6 people today!
We got 2 packages from HelenAnn with a couple very nice blocks, a nice yellow and pansy block from Napa John, a paisley block from Tink's Mom, a bright yellow and orange block from QuiltingVagabond, a couple very nice blue & purple blocks from Jo Ann, and BlueheavenFla sent a very nice block with a very nice poem embroidered on it.
Wow! Every single person sending blocks have given their best and it shows!
Thank you everyone!
Rodney

melinda1962 10-03-2014 11:24 AM

I, too, was tardy mailing mine, but it went out on Thursday. Can't wait to see it come together
Glad the healing has already begun!

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6913139)
Another big mail day! We received blocks from 6 people today!
We got 2 packages from HelenAnn with a couple very nice blocks, a nice yellow and pansy block from Napa John, a paisley block from Tink's Mom, a bright yellow and orange block from QuiltingVagabond, a couple very nice blue & purple blocks from Jo Ann, and BlueheavenFla sent a very nice block with a very nice poem embroidered on it.
Wow! Every single person sending blocks have given their best and it shows!
Thank you everyone!
Rodney

costumegirl 10-03-2014 03:43 PM

Good to hear that Ashlea is progressing each day and is keeping her spirits up :) We are all here cheering her on :)

Great job Rodney and Roserips in organizing and putting this terrific project together! :)

Rodney 10-03-2014 06:36 PM

Thanks! We have another big mail day today too! 9 envelopes.
Joe: your and Elaine's wacky bag and blocks arrived safely. I love the bag and it will be perfect for the quilt!
Gail G: your package arrived. I love the green!
Celeste: We received 3 packages from you, Alex and Emily today. Nice embroidery and great fabrics!
Maviskw: Olivia loves the bright pink in the corner!
Cari-in-Oly: Your blocks arrived today. We love the 30's fabrics!
SteveH: Nice ladybugs!
Cecilia: I'm not sure what to call that pattern on your block but I like it! Has kind of a 60s feel to it.
Thank you everyone! Again, all very nice work!
Rodney