Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-giggles-aka-what-they-smoking-t174801.html)

miriam 03-22-2013 12:39 PM

They are merely collecting email addresses to sell.

miriam 03-22-2013 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane (Post 5946601)
"There are some attachments and the original manual is in a drawer but oil soaked. I have produced a replica that is like new but the original gives the date and number of the machine during production. (See photos)"

They made a replica of the model 66 manual, even though the oil soaked page said 115. LOL!

I guess they're pretty much the same machine, they're both black.

Yup and that there needle goes up and down

trennag 03-22-2013 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane (Post 5946601)
"There are some attachments and the original manual is in a drawer but oil soaked. I have produced a replica that is like new but the original gives the date and number of the machine during production. (See photos)"

They made a replica of the model 66 manual, even though the oil soaked page said 115. LOL!

I guess they're pretty much the same machine, they're both black.

I almost said the same thing when I posted it!!

ArchaicArcane 03-22-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5946643)
Yup and that there needle goes up and down

Holy cow! You're so right! I was mistaken, it IS the identical machine....

frudemoo 03-22-2013 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5946538)
Not sure about the "cocktail" but what REALLY frustrates me is when they are selling a cabinet machine and only show pics of the Cabinet. It shows how they perceive it, as a piece of decorative furniture...

Steve, I went to look at a treadle machine recently that was being sold on eBay. The seller said to me, "When I told x I was selling it, he said you'd better take the machine out and have a look..." They had been using it as a TV cabinet and never even looked at the machine (which was rusty and broken). Then she said, my parents have got one that's in beautiful condition; I asked if they would sell theirs and she said no. They are using theirs as their TV cabinet as well and never want to sell it :(

miriam 03-22-2013 03:14 PM

Hey, now I know how I'm going to advertise the 40 or so cabinets I need to get rid of... LOL

ArchaicArcane 03-22-2013 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5946868)
Hey, now I know how I'm going to advertise the 40 or so cabinets I need to get rid of... LOL

Go for it! I rarely sit on them more than a few days unless they have those pesky sewing machines in them.
Seriously, I can sell cabinets all day long, and I can sell sewing machines all day long. Pair them together, and they sit for months.

miriam 03-22-2013 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane (Post 5946872)
Go for it! I rarely sit on them more than a few days unless they have those pesky sewing machines in them.
Seriously, I can sell cabinets all day long, and I can sell sewing machines all day long. Pair them together, and they sit for months.

I'm finding the same thing - I have some nice machines and nice cabinets - I give them their pick - they pick a case or no case but for sure they don't haul away a cabinet... Cabinet are ssssooooooo not a selling point.

amyjo 03-22-2013 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by jennb (Post 5918623)
I have A brand new.viking designer ruby i got in May. I paid 6k for the machine and the embroidery software package. I have made a bunch of smaller projects on it and she fits my needs well. I make baby and wedding gifts, and just have fun with it. I had an older machine i sold.on ebay for 1k. Depending on the brand and what all.you get with it, 1-2k can be a reasonable price if you get plenty of hoops and accessories with it. Feel free to message me for more info. I did alot of research .

I got one like that and it is fully equip it was bought by a lady who never used it. Her sister didn't know why she bought it but I pd $600 for it. She really is pretty.

frudemoo 03-22-2013 04:19 PM

A grand in the hand is worth two in the bush ...
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seafo...ine/1013372170