Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-machines-t82877.html)

katlady 12-15-2010 07:11 AM

All the time they make beautiful stitches. All metal machines, they will never will wear out.

JanG 12-15-2010 07:14 AM

I use one of my Singer 301's daily. One I've had since my marriage in 1955. I sewed all my chilren's clothes (4) and since 1973 have pieced quilts with it. I have 3 of them because of being a snowbird and would give up my dishwasher before I'd give any of my 301's up!! All in all I probably have 25 vintage Singers but always go back to the 301.

fabricesta 12-15-2010 10:57 AM

Where is this This section for vintage machines

gramquilter2 12-15-2010 11:59 AM

put Vintage Machines Shop..Come in and set a spell
in the search menu and it should find the site for you

I too use my 2 Featherweights everyday more often than
I do my more expensive new machines. Happy sewing wth
yours.

ree-nee 12-15-2010 02:11 PM

I have the same machine and mine runs like a top, although in sounds somewhat like an old model "T" when I sew with it.

Shemjo 12-15-2010 03:26 PM

I sew with my older FW and have some other older "regular" non-computerized machines, including a treadle.

Ardis 12-15-2010 03:28 PM

I also have an old Singer in a bentwood case also, my MIL gave it to me. it was what she called her heavy duty machine, I haven't used it yet, but plan to try it out, when I attempt a blue jean quilt as you go quilt, one of these days. I've been collecting jeans for years. I also have an old Singer treadle that I bought in 1964 at a Salvation Army store for an ad re: antiques. I used it some, way back then, but haven't used it in years and it needs new belts and I don't know what else, I'd love to get it repaired, and give it a try.

Actually,what I sew on regularly is a 1964 Kenmore (all metal machine) Is that considered vintage, yet? It's a great machine.

lawsonmugs 12-15-2010 04:37 PM

I got a treadle a few weeeks ago and lostn51 told me it was a New Home model A made in 1882 it's in very rough shape and the poor baby needs lots of help but I only paid $15 on creigs list. I have found a manual and a few parts and a book on how to clean her up. It will be a slow process but I can hardly wait to hear her hummmmm. happy holidays Mary

Angel 12-15-2010 04:39 PM

Yes, I have a Singer Featherweight 221 & it is beautiful! Runs very smoothly, I use it for classes & workshops IF I only have to sew straight because of course it doesn't do anything but straight stitch. Hummmms right along though! :thumbup: Imagine that & it's 60 yrs. old!!!!

fabricesta 12-15-2010 04:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is actually the machine I learned to sew on it was built in 1904. Our house burned when I was learning to sew and the lady that owned this gave it to me, because we no longer had a sewing machine.