Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

cherrybsixty 05-22-2011 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by lyndajean

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty

This belonged to my great aunt and it was given to me when she passed away over 20yrs ago. Back then I had no interest in sewing. I just took her out, and thanks to some help from Billy she is up and running! Thanks again Billy, here she is!

I have her twin setting in my dining looking just like that, are they pretty?

:lol:

My mom bought it in the 60's for my late sister and I to sew on when we were in high school. My late sister's name was Linda and that girl could make that 401A sewww. I sew off and on with it, but I've have it for the last thirty years and it's my baby. I take it to be service maintenance once a year and she is good to go.

Lostn51 05-22-2011 04:02 PM

This belonged to my great aunt and it was given to me when she passed away over 20yrs ago. Back then I had no interest in sewing. I just took her out, and thanks to some help from Billy she is up and running! Thanks again Billy, here she is!

Alright!!! She is looking really nice for an old gal ;)

Now all you need to do is start making a quilt with her and enjoy your hard work!!!

Billy

lyndajean 05-22-2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Alright!!! She is looking really nice for an old gal ;)

Now all you need to do is start making a quilt with her and enjoy your hard work!!!
I've started quilts for my 3 sisters, and I think Im gonna finish them on this old gal! Thanks again Billy!
Billy

:P :P :D

Glenn 05-22-2011 04:10 PM

Billy I am sorry to here about all the damage and loss of AC, not to mention your daughters flooding house. I know it is rough and we have had some really bad weather. I know you want to get everything done but please take it slow and don't over do. We want to see you around a long time in this VSMS. After all my clean up my wife and I are camping and fishing as we type and will be for the rest of the week. Of course we have a 26 ft trailer with all the goodies falt screen, the internet and full bath. I quess you can call this camping. :lol: Well I am off to do some night fishing. Just wanted to tell you hello and we are thinking of you and your family. Got to go my wife said the internet is off limits for the rest of the trip.(right!!) Type at you later brother, Glenn

debbiewi 05-22-2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200

Originally Posted by debbiewi
I have just finished reading all 1088 pages!!!! It took me about a month. So much information.
debbie

Congratulations! Took me a few weeks to get halfway through and just gave up. Too many different conversations to try and keep track of.

So now the question is....do you remember any of it?

I took notes and bookmarked a lot of stuff

Lostn51 05-22-2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Billy I am sorry to here about all the damage and loss of AC, not to mention your daughters flooding house. I know it is rough and we have had some really bad weather. I know you want to get everything done but please take it slow and don't over do. We want to see you around a long time in this VSMS. After all my clean up my wife and I are camping and fishing as we type and will be for the rest of the week. Of course we have a 26 ft trailer with all the goodies falt screen, the internet and full bath. I quess you can call this camping. :lol: Well I am off to do some night fishing. Just wanted to tell you hello and we are thinking of you and your family. Got to go my wife said the internet is off limits for the rest of the trip.(right!!) Type at you later brother, Glenn

Glenn your a hoot!! It will get better as the days go by, I am doing all of the work on all of the homes and I am pocketing a lot of money because I am saving it on labor! All the while I am doing extra improvements along the way ;)

Billy

debbiewi 05-22-2011 04:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just took a picture of my cleaned up machine. when I got it, I thought most of the decals were gone, it was so black so I am thrilled with the way she looks now. In the picture the badge is showing up more gold but in person it is a shiny copper color

debbiewi 05-22-2011 04:30 PM

I was at an estate sale today, there was a 99 (I think) with a bentwood case. the bottom was falling apart the top was falling apart, the machine was not in the best of shape and there were attatcments which were all rusted, including the bobbins. the lady wanted $30 and would not take any less so I left it

SewExtremeSeams 05-22-2011 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
The manual states Automatic Zigzagger (part No. 161102) for Classes 15, 191, 201, 221, 222 and 1200. So, that mean 15-90, 15-91, 201, and FWs. I will try them out on my 15s and 201 and let you know.

Thanks, can't wait to hear how it works on your machines. :-D

Debbiewi: your machine is beautiful. :-D

And, I am pretty sure you deserve a prize for reading all 1088 pages... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lostn51 05-22-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by debbiewi
I just took a picture of my cleaned up machine. when I got it, I thought most of the decals were gone, it was so black so I am thrilled with the way she looks now. In the picture the badge is showing up more gold but in person it is a shiny copper color

Job well done!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Billy