Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

alissa 05-15-2011 08:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Billy here is some more pictures of the singer student kit, one is of the practice fabric for stitches, one is the different fabrics that come with it .

romanojg 05-15-2011 08:59 AM

Thank you so much. She is a very pretty machine and since I got her from the UK I spent more on shipping than on her. That was a blessing because since I had to pay for shipping most weren't bidding on her. I still paid under 300 so from what I've seen for this old 1952 model I got a good deal. Then this weekend I got a great deal. I went into the thrift store that helps support the childrens hospital that I work for and found another one; it's not a featherweight but it is small with the wooden hood on her. I will take her sn # later and see when she was borned. With my employee discount I paid under 30. for her. These are my first two babies and both together were around 300; not bad in my book and they are in great condition. I have to find a manual for each and the first one comes w/attachments and the instructions for using the ruffler that came with it. Thank you for your imput.

jan on 446 05-15-2011 09:23 AM

Just some information for those posting pictures. If your digital camera has a setting for taking Macro pictures, use it for the close ups. You won't get so many fuzzy pictures. I learned this the hard way!
Jan

Dottie Bug 05-15-2011 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dottie Bug

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Dottie Bug,
The Singer 101 has a potted motor(all encased) and is gear
driven, so no need for a belt. It has a spider-like oil wick system for oiling the machine. It was Singer's first machine
made exclusively for electric use.
The Singer 15-91,15-125 & 201-2 also have the potted motor.
Is your machine in a cabinet? I hope you post pictures soon.
Sharon W. in Texas

yes its in asmall cabinet. THESE ARE SOME PHOTOS PLEASE HELP, anyone ,,,need feed back . Dottie Bug.... I was at a yard sale and ask ? do you have a old sewing machine she said y yes this belonged to her mother ,she would take $50.00 for it and i just had to jump on it .didnt care what shape it was in ,I new i could get help restoring it ,this web is just the place to go . scroll back up 4 photos

:thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

tomilu 05-15-2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay here we go........

One of our members has one of these machines and they are not rare as such but very unique. But still a very desirable machine to own and to find! If I had the nickle plated badges I could build a few of these right now. I have a few NOS stitch regulator plates in the original packaging. Here is a listing for one that has been refurbed and they are wanting WAY to much for it.

Ebay number 390302930409

Billy

Yes Billy, and she has named her Naomi and is she proud of her. DH almost choked on his salad when he saw the price of that one.
Tommie

greenini 05-15-2011 12:25 PM

I almost choked at that one too, some people think they have very expensive rare stuff. We have a friend that way, he buys top of the line stuff but then wants top of the line prices when he sells, but by then whateveritis is really much cheaper. You can get better tech then his for what he's asking for old tech, not exactly the same situation since the 15-91 is worth more then many new machines, but I'd love to know whaa it sells for, if it ever does!

romanojg 05-15-2011 12:54 PM

I found out that my second machine (under $30) is a 128 born in 1940 in Elizabeth City NJ. My first machine is a 221K born in Clydebank Scotlant in 1952. I think I'll just get the power adapter and keep her as she started out in life. My question is for the 128; I see there are #'s after the 128 like 3, 11,12, etc; how can you find out which one goes with this one. Also, she did not come with a foot peddle so I'm not sure if she was meant to be hand crank or what. There is an electric motor and the power cord is USA. Do you have any clues? I have found manuals to download but haven't found the answers to these questions yet.

Lostn51 05-15-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dottie Bug

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Dottie Bug,
The Singer 101 has a potted motor(all encased) and is gear
driven, so no need for a belt. It has a spider-like oil wick system for oiling the machine. It was Singer's first machine
made exclusively for electric use.
The Singer 15-91,15-125 & 201-2 also have the potted motor.
Is your machine in a cabinet? I hope you post pictures soon.
Sharon W. in Texas

yes its in asmall cabinet. THESE ARE SOME PHOTOS PLEASE HELP,

:thumbup:

Dottie, PM me you email address and I will email you the schematic for the wiring.

Billy

Lostn51 05-15-2011 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by alissa
Billy here is some more pictures of the singer student kit, one is of the practice fabric for stitches, one is the different fabrics that come with it .

That is way too cool, I would love to find one intact for my collection!

Billy

alissa 05-15-2011 02:21 PM

Yes it is cool as this is the first one that I have seen. Was very surprised when I got home and it was in the sack of things she gave me.

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by alissa

That is way too cool, I would love to find one intact for my collection!

Billy