Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Weedwoman 08-25-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by miriam

Originally Posted by Bennett
Saw that one today too. I was wondering what that stuff was on the drawer as well as what the machine was. Love when they do that! No clue what it is. :)

There is an auction coming up here on Saturday, and the preview pics show a Singer bentwood case, but they didn't open it. Grrr! I can't get to the preview, so I'm going to tell my mother to take a small flat screwdriver with her. :)

AH I am not the only woman running around with a couple screwdrivers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people think I have screws loose for wanting so many old machines, they'd think that's why I carry screwdrivers. lol How wrong they'd be......

justtrish 08-25-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman

Saw that one today too. I was wondering what that stuff was on the drawer as well as what the machine was. Love when they do that! No clue what it is. :)

There is an auction coming up here on Saturday, and the preview pics show a Singer bentwood case, but they didn't open it. Grrr! I can't get to the preview, so I'm going to tell my mother to take a small flat screwdriver with her. :)

AH I am not the only woman running around with a couple screwdrivers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people think I have screws loose for wanting so many old machines, they'd think that's why I carry screwdrivers. lol How wrong they'd be......

I was biting my tongue and sitting on my hands.....seeing as I am a newbie and not wanting to offend...

:)

Weedwoman 08-25-2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by justtrish

I was biting my tongue and sitting on my hands.....seeing as I am a newbie and not wanting to offend...

:)

Oh, just say what you think. I think we can all take it and not be offended. If anybody gets offended, they need to go to the turtle factory and get a harder shell. lol

KatFish 08-25-2011 09:56 AM

My DH wonders why I carry one in my Jeep and in my purse too. How may sewing machines is too many?

Kathie S. 08-25-2011 10:08 AM

How may sewing machines is too many?[/quote]

KatFish the question is not how many machine is to many. The question is, are there any more out there waiting for me to pick them up? Kathie

jljack 08-25-2011 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by FirstQuilt
Here's my new-to-me Wheeler & Wilson No. 9 (Seriel Number 80018). I have posted these pictures in the photo thread, but thought I would put them here, too.

I found the glass presser foot in the drawer, polished it up and put it on, but I'm going to go slowly with the cleaning. The decals are beautiful, and I don't want to wreck them.

Then I'm going to quilt with this machine.

And I'd like to hear from other owners all about your experiences with the Wheeler & Wilson No. 9, both the good and the bad. No bad, right???

That's a great machine you got!!!

jljack 08-25-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Candace

Originally Posted by jljack

Originally Posted by Candace
A nice one in my area has come up. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2563381032.html Anyone interested?

Candace, they were talking about Featherweights here....the link is to a 66 in treadle. :-) It is a nice machine, though, and a good price!!

Actually, there are many discussions going on at once. I'm not talking about FWs.

SORRY!!! And the 66 is a NICE looking one!!

jljack 08-25-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by grayhare
I did find a treadle, in a parlor cabinet. I have to get a new belt for her, and clean her up. I am very happy with her! Here is a picture of her, and a shot of the decorative lock on the cabinet.

Very nice 66-1!!! I recently got mine put into a treadle, and I love how it's coming along. I have to keep oiling and trying it...it was very dry, including the irons.

Lostn51 08-25-2011 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by ndnchf
Thanks for the help Billy. How do I add a mew topic directly to the VSMS forum? I dont see a way to select it when drafting a new topic - thanks

Either "Sharron b" or I can add them to the Virtual forum. Sometimes I miss a few post and she will catch them for me and visa versa. If you want you can always post and then PM me and let me know to add it to the forum. I have lots of folks doing that also.

Billy

Lostn51 08-25-2011 10:21 AM

I always carry a screw driver and my phone (for the camera and internet) just in case I find something. And I have a $100 in 20's tucked away in my wallet also ;)

Billy