Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

giapet 08-28-2011 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by buslady
Pd $100. But it is in excellent shape, has everything including a history. I am second owner. First passed at 96, couple years ago. Her name was Ortha Mary Elizabeth. Her granddaughter sold it to me, is thrilled it will be used. Will have to see if I can add pics from phone, otherwise will be home this weekend, on vacation up north this week. Edited: figured out how to add pic,but its a download, so will do it when I get home, hopefully can get them to attach directly.

Hope you don't mind that I downloaded, re-sized your picture and posted it here for you. It sure is a beauty, the cabinet is gorgeous!

lee231 08-28-2011 11:16 AM

buslady, got to see the pic, looks like you did good to me. I guess that I'll call the guy at the antique shop and offer him $20 and see what he says.

vintagemotif 08-28-2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by giapet

Originally Posted by buslady
Pd $100. But it is in excellent shape, has everything including a history. I am second owner. First passed at 96, couple years ago. Her name was Ortha Mary Elizabeth. Her granddaughter sold it to me, is thrilled it will be used. Will have to see if I can add pics from phone, otherwise will be home this weekend, on vacation up north this week. Edited: figured out how to add pic,but its a download, so will do it when I get home, hopefully can get them to attach directly.

Hope you don't mind that I downloaded, re-sized your picture and posted it here for you. It sure is a beauty, the cabinet is gorgeous!

Wonderful Two Spools!!!! Enjoy!

lee231 08-28-2011 11:23 AM

greenini; I think the washer that you have goes on where the threads are, it will adsorb some shock so the mounting screw wouldn't vibrate loose. I've notice that some of the screws on some of the machines I have have a fiber washer on them.

irishrose 08-28-2011 11:27 AM

buslady, do I get a finder's fee? I was afraid to open the picture for fear I'd think I should have made the short road trip to get her, but it's okay. She looks like she belongs to you.

greenini 08-28-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by lee231
greenini; I think the washer that you have goes on where the threads are, it will adsorb some shock so the mounting screw wouldn't vibrate loose. I've notice that some of the screws on some of the machines I have have a fiber washer on them.

so you think it goes over the threads and up against the bell fitting and goes between the screw and the stem that holds the feet (am drawing blank on term)?

I can try it, but what would that actually do?

buslady 08-28-2011 01:46 PM

Thanks foor helping with pics, limited abiliti with phone. But love my smartphone! It is a Narional, lettering pretty well gone.

purplefiend 08-28-2011 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

Hi, I'm new here since yesterday, reading all I can about vintage singers.

I came across a machine with the number E143658 but can't find any info on model, year etc. Does anyone know what it is? I've looked on the usual sites to date with no luck.

Thanks, and so happy to have found this forum!

Karen

Welcome Karen! I am in Texas. Do you have a picture of the machine?
Sharon W

Yes.

It looks like a newer Singer probably made in Taiwan or China. Its model 15 clone.

Lostn51 08-28-2011 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Thank you, I made that quilt for my little Lola. She was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and I made her a quilt just for her to snuggle in. When it came time to put her to sleep made sure I buried her in it so she would always have me hugging her and would not feel alone. But she really loved it and I would take it to our bedroom and she would lay on it all snuggled up with just her little head poked out.

Billy

Billy have you gotten another Chihuahua? I bet having a new puppy around would make you feel better!!! I lost two Chihuahua's in the last three months. I am now looking for a new Chihuahua -- they are just so good for the heart!

Nancy

Oh we have Baby (Sheprador), 2 poms and my Irish Setter mix so we are good on dogs around here for a while. Baby is a rescue dog and was 4 months old when we brought her home. Later that week the county put the entire population down for a "Distemper" outbreak, which was BS because it was an upper respiratory infection. All of my dogs got it from her including my wife and I both. But our Shelter has had some problems and it has put us on the big news several times with the raids and dog fighting that they ran in the back.

Billy

Candace 08-28-2011 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by greenini

Originally Posted by lee231

so you think it goes over the threads and up against the bell fitting and goes between the screw and the stem that holds the feet (am drawing blank on term)?

I can try it, but what would that actually do?

I sent you an e-mail, but the washer isn't in any of the directions nor is it on any of the feet I've seen on the net. It could easily be a part that "found" its way into your box or something the prior owner used. Mine does not have this felt washer.