Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Mizkaki 04-01-2012 10:15 PM

OK Pat. How about Quilting Board Sewing Party as it's still a QBSP? Or a Q-Bop? (Quilting Board Office Party) at least I can pronounce that.

miriam 04-02-2012 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5109479)
OK Pat. How about Quilting Board Sewing Party as it's still a QBSP? Or a Q-Bop? (Quilting Board Office Party) at least I can pronounce that.

If I get there from Indiana it would be a Quilt Board Slumber Party. If I get that far I'm staying a while.

miriam 04-02-2012 01:52 AM

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=9679676 I wonder if this is a heavy one or a light weight one. Mine is heavy in the case but when you lift the machine it is very light weight. Mine says Domestic.

Brynn 04-02-2012 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5108453)
You did great, I will post instructions and you can organize them. I have 40 + years doing this but as you can see I am not much of an instructor. I will take all the help I can get. Thanks Skip

Ha ha, sounds like a plan! I just want to make sure your treasure trove of knowledge gets out to everyone, and I know I'm not the only one who needs the security of a nice numbered list. :) And I'll definitely add gloves to the list!

BoJangles 04-02-2012 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5109409)

I like the 'slumber' party or 'stripping' party!

Charlee, I'd sure love to see the other side of that machine!

Nancy

BoJangles 04-02-2012 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5109342)
I was thinking of going with a pink do, but I prefer this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324633[/ATTACH]

OMG! Monica where do you find these things! A beehive hat???????

Nancy

BoJangles 04-02-2012 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5109035)
We have totally been beyond busy. Crazy busy. Good news is today we played. And, dh surprised me with a 1908 Singer 127 Lotus! The projects are lining up and I'm feeling overwhelmed. Machines needing Muv-style cleaning, cabinets needing Glenn-style loving.... and a wedding needing a fatter checkbook than mine.

I actually started the Glenn wood treatment on the Davis a couple of weeks back before wedding mania kicked in. But I've mislaid his 'specific to the Davis cabinet treatment plan' and now I have to go and humbly grovel for him to check his 'SENT' folder.

Life will get back to normal after the middle of May. In the meantime, I hope I don't miss anything important here. I have one heck of an order to place with our Miz___ (insert proper Board Name here).[

You all be good while I only have one eye open, hear?!

best,
d
QUOTE=Charlee;5108986]D...you haven't been around to keep me in line!! Of COURSE I'm gonna get in trouble!! :D :D :D

[/QUOTE]

D, it is hard to be good with Charlee and Monica here - they can be sooooo bad! But, they do make it fun with their indiscretions!

Congratulations on your Lotus! That is one design I do not have, but I look all the time. I found the most magnificent Lotus for a GF a couple years ago. She asked me to find her a treadle in pristine shape and I did, but I have never found another in the shape I found hers in - probably never will! Anyway, don't stress too much over the wedding plans!

Nancy

BoJangles 04-02-2012 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 5107982)
This is a 1911 White Family Rotary. It was given to me in a wonderful cabinet that is very rough. I started on the cabinet since it was falling apart, so now when the cabinet is finished I will try the new "tute" on refinishing the finish that Skip has posted. It will take awhile as DH is having complications after his Chemo for lymphoma two years ago. Not sure how much time I will have to work, but that is ok. The last picture is the cabinet after I removed all the old shellac and stain, since the finish was trashed. Now to start rebuilding the finish. Thanks to Skip, as always.

Texas Jan

Texas Jan I can't wait to see the finished photo of that White, but I know you have more pressing issues with your DH right now - so take care of him! We can wait for your amazing 'after' photos! You always do such an fabulous job with those machines!

Nancy

BoJangles 04-02-2012 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5108009)
No, the feed dogs can't be lowered on the featherweight. They can be covered.
Hopefully someone else with more knowledge that I have can speak up about the ability to FM on the FW.

Cathy

Unless you are FM quilting something very small like a place mat, I can't see why anyone would want to use their FW for FM???? I remember reading from one of the FW gurus that FM was too much for that little machine - it is best to leave FM to a 'bigger' machine like the 301, 15 or something that drops its feed dogs and can handle the hard, fast, and heavy sewing that FM requires. I have 5 FW's and wouldn't think of using any of them for FM. Just my opinion. Oh and I sew with them all the time - in sewing groups or classes. I love those little machines!

Nancy

BoJangles 04-02-2012 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5108335)
My daughter is up and around today:thumbup: YEAH!!!! And my second job fell apart:thumbup: YEAH!!!! And my son came over and wanted to do some sewing:thumbup:

Miriam it had to be all that cooking from Mom! Glad to hear things are getting better!

Nancy