Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

irishrose 09-24-2012 06:23 PM

miriam, I was able to open the first two pictures, but then got that 'invalid' message. I had a post deleted last week because the picture was 'invalid'. The odd thing is that I already responses, so several people were able to open it, then no one could. I don't feel there was a problem with my camera r computer - maybe the site?

vintagemotif 09-24-2012 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5538998)
I made a stupid tutorial of that stupid bag and the stupid pictures did not turn up - I'm going to post one of the non existent pics and see if it comes up here. [ATTACH=CONFIG]365383[/ATTACH]
comes up here??? This has NOTHING to do with pic size

Miriam :D You are too much!!! <<<<Huggies>>>> It can be frustrating.

luna123 09-24-2012 11:19 PM

Hi Everybody, my name is Julia and my daughter Catherine and I collect and restore vintage sewing machines as an all consuming 'hobby'. We live in New Zealand. So far to date we have 2 singer 66 treadles (one is a red eye 1922), a singer 201 treadle 1960 , a crescent special treadle 1880 , these all go by the way. A Riccar with a burnt out motor which is now a franken treadle so now we have a zig zag treadle. Three featherweights, a Wertheim treadle dated 1870 which just needs a new needle to make it go, a singer 306K 1953 which goes really well, a New Home handcrank which belongs to my four year old grand daughter Acacia, a Necchi which I pick up tomorrow, two swiss made Berninas and two overlockers (not that these really count as they are too modern for our taste),

And todays little 'project', a Monarch Special which is British made, has a non working motor and is pretty seized together and will need a bullet shuttle. The attack of WD40 has now been commenced so we will see how long this little beauty takes!!!!!!!!!!

BoJangles 09-25-2012 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by luna123 (Post 5539526)
Hi Everybody, my name is Julia and my daughter Catherine and I collect and restore vintage sewing machines as an all consuming 'hobby'. We live in New Zealand. So far to date we have 2 singer 66 treadles (one is a red eye 1922), a singer 201 treadle 1960 , a crescent special treadle 1880 , these all go by the way. A Riccar with a burnt out motor which is now a franken treadle so now we have a zig zag treadle. Three featherweights, a Wertheim treadle dated 1870 which just needs a new needle to make it go, a singer 306K 1953 which goes really well, a New Home handcrank which belongs to my four year old grand daughter Acacia, a Necchi which I pick up tomorrow, two swiss made Berninas and two overlockers (not that these really count as they are too modern for our taste),

And todays little 'project', a Monarch Special which is British made, has a non working motor and is pretty seized together and will need a bullet shuttle. The attack of WD40 has now been commenced so we will see how long this little beauty takes!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard Julia and Catherine from New Zealand! Do you two sew too, or just collect the machines? It sounds like you already have a nice collection! We have a photo shop here for pictures of your machines and a photo shop for pictures of the projects you make with your vintage machines! We would love to see the photos of your machines and projects!

Machine photos http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...130994-35.html

Projects made with vintage machine photos! Even, though, this says "Quilts Made with Vintage machines," we post photos of all our projects done on a vintage/antique machine!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t134918.html

Nancy

BoJangles 09-25-2012 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by startella18 (Post 5539009)
Ludington is where I grew up, that's so neat

Startella18, WOW you must be reading all the old/back posts!!!!! The one you refer to here was written in 2010! Welcome to our vintage sewing machine site!

Nancy

BoJangles 09-25-2012 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5538998)
I made a stupid tutorial of that stupid bag and the stupid pictures did not turn up - I'm going to post one of the non existent pics and see if it comes up here. [ATTACH=CONFIG]365383[/ATTACH]
comes up here??? This has NOTHING to do with pic size

Miriam, why don't you just give us the directions without the photos? I thought maybe, you started a new thread on this bag, but I couldn't find one? It seems that is what everyone does nowadays! I use to like it so much better when everything was discussed here - we didn't have so many off shoot threads to check out all the time! It use to be much easier - I thought - and more interesting too!

Nancy

grayhare 09-25-2012 08:09 AM

Hi Monica, I checked out your blog today, and WOW! I love your new denim circle quilt! I really like the red denim in there. You sure are quick, that is a lot of work! It is just beautiful.
Anamaria

vintagemotif 09-25-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by grayhare (Post 5540216)
Hi Monica, I checked out your blog today, and WOW! I love your new denim circle quilt! I really like the red denim in there. You sure are quick, that is a lot of work! It is just beautiful.
Anamaria

Thank you Anamaria!

Cathy gave me boxes of jeans. In one of the boxes was a large red denim jacket. I was able to get just enough red circles from that jacket for this quilt. This is my second denim quilt. For this quilt, I didn't add batting since the jean material alone is heavy once it is all sewn together. These quilts go together quickly since no basting is needed, or batting. It's a sew as you go type quilt. I used my Singer 224 for the decorative stitching, the Singer 201 for sewing the circle together in rows, and Davis NVF for binding. Cutting the circles could go faster with one of those rotary circle cutters. I should look into purchasing one since I still have four large boxes of jeans that I plan to sew into quilts. These quilts are great for hammocks, picnics, soccer moms, tailgate parties. I'm interested in making a drunkard path quilt design with light and dark jean material; that is still in the planning stages.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!:)

miriam 09-25-2012 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5539862)
Miriam, why don't you just give us the directions without the photos? I thought maybe, you started a new thread on this bag, but I couldn't find one? It seems that is what everyone does nowadays! I use to like it so much better when everything was discussed here - we didn't have so many off shoot threads to check out all the time! It use to be much easier - I thought - and more interesting too!

Nancy

unfortunately this one needs the photos...

nurseknitsLaura 09-25-2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5539862)

Nancy

Wait there's other threads? how do I find them? oh help. Laura