Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Candace 10-08-2011 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Anyone familiar with these hinges!!!

Yup, one of my machines came in a table with them. One was broken and it was a witch trying to find a replacement. I finally sold the table....

KenZ 10-08-2011 08:48 PM

ncrebird, I cleaned a cream colored case with Dawn dishsoap on a damp cloth and it worked good on the outside. The inside has some paper and will wash off if it gets wet. The outside was polished with liquid shoe polish (neutral).

bloomin'Iris 10-09-2011 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
bloomin'Iris, grayhare is the person I was answering. Little Rustbucket has no name. I name my machines when I clean them. She does want to sew. Irons are very easy to operate and the needlebar goes up and down.

How far down in Indiana are you? I will be going to Grand Rapids one of these days.

:roll:
oops, sorry grayhair :roll:
Thanks for the offer though, DH said 4hrs was to far to go for a machine, even a free one. Originally from Kazoo (no longer have any family there) transplanted in Indy. Drats.. :|

miriam 10-09-2011 02:19 AM

bunch of slant-o-matics on Indianapolis CL

bloomin'Iris 10-09-2011 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by miriam

saw that last night, good luck :)

cherrybsixty 10-09-2011 03:35 AM

Miriam, I've been seeing a few more of those on the Kansas City CL, here in the last week. What's up with that?

ncredbird 10-09-2011 03:56 AM

Tinabug and KenZ,
Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them both a try and report back with results. Ann in TN

miriam 10-09-2011 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty

Miriam, I've been seeing a few more of those on the Kansas City CL, here in the last week. What's up with that?

Don't know about Kansas City - for a while the 403s and 503s were nearly impossible to find - good prices - great machines - best to look over anything you might want to buy - test them out

valleyquiltermo 10-09-2011 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Monroe
Looks like you've got some work to do. Bet it will be pretty!

She has a mat finish not a glossy one, so not a lot of work to do.

Crossstitcher 10-09-2011 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
I went to an auction today. They advertised a treadle machine.
When I arrived, no treadle, but they did have a Domestic Rotary in cabinet with the foot pedal, bobbin, bobbin cover. No attachements. Cabinet is in very good condition, just needs cleaned up. I think it needs rewired and a new cord.
I was't going to bid on it, but no one else did and she needed a good home...so, I paid $15.00 bucks for it and brought it home.
Hope she works ok. I will take pics tom. in the daylight.

If you went to the auction in Waitville they did have the treadle machine and we bought it. the cabinet and machine were really dirty but we liked the irons. It was made by AG Mason Co. DH got the machine working. Someone had glued creek stones onto the top never saw that before.