Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 10-29-2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady

Originally Posted by miriam
Glen this is one of the machines you coached me for the needle breaking thread last night. It is my latest fix up - before and after shots. Later on I would like to start a post for just only pictures of Singer 15s and the 15s clones. If you have a 15 clone please feel free to post pics on there. I'd like it to be mainly photos - we can comment on here or pm. It won't be until later on. Just be ready to put your 15's pic on there please - I'll send a link here when it is ready to go.
And a special thanks to Melinda for making it all possible! She is a real fan of the 15 clones too.

Miriam - I have a question - is the White Model 65 I bought (pictured on page 1764) a Singer 15 'clone'? It has the numbers J-A15 near the serial numbers and the tension is on the front like the clones- sure looks like one to me. I found a manual, but I couldn't find anything else about it.

It sure looks like it doesn't it. If not maybe it is a clone of a clone.... Put it up when we get a photo page of clones going. Maybe someone smarter than I am will know for sure.

miriam 10-29-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace

Hey everyone do you you know where or who has a zig zag needle plate for the 319w? I think Candace is going to sell me one of her 319's, but it only has the single hole plate. I will need a zig zag plate so I can use the decorative stitches!

Kathie, can you e-mail me Cathy's number from the TOGA - I lost it!

Nancy

Those 319s have an odd plate. I wonder if you can have it drilled out.

That's a good idea, Miriam. It could be drilled out.

I would take it to a machinist that works on engines or it could go ugly. It is a very odd plate.

Miriam, that is a good idea, but I don't want to take a chance on ruining the single hole plate! I will just have to find a zig zag plate!

Nancy

save it for the last resort

ThayerRags 10-29-2011 11:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Thayerrags, do you have a 319 plate in your bunch you can part with?

Nancy

Not sure about an extra zz plate, but I did get a really nice Singer 319W in that lot and it’s now part of my collection. (Sorry). I haven’t even gotten to it to service it up and give a whirl yet. (So many machines: so little time!) I put it in a Singer Model 56 cabinet, and they’re both hiding out in the spare bathroom for the time being.

However, I will dig through the extra parts that I got along with the lot to see if I have an extra 319 ZZ plate, and get with Miriam by PM if I find one.

CD in Oklahoma

Singer 319W
[ATTACH=CONFIG]278945[/ATTACH]

Singer 319W in Model 56 Cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]278961[/ATTACH]

miriam 10-29-2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags

Nancy

Not sure about an extra zz plate, but I did get a really nice Singer 319W in that lot and it’s now part of my collection. (Sorry). I haven’t even gotten to it to service it up and give a whirl yet. (So many machines: so little time!) I put it in a Singer Model 56 cabinet, and they’re both hiding out in the spare bathroom for the time being.

However, I will dig through the extra parts that I got along with the lot to see if I have an extra 319 ZZ plate, and get with Miriam by PM if I find one.

CD in Oklahoma

I don't need one I think it was Nancy or Candace needs a plate. Mine has 3 plates all different and I'm not sharing my new toys.

BoJangles 10-29-2011 11:31 AM

Nancy

CD in Oklahoma

I don't need one I think it was Nancy or Candace needs a plate. Mine has 3 plates all different and I'm not sharing my new toys.

I need the zig zag plate! But, I just located one from the gal who does our TOGA's!

Thanks anyway ThayerRags!
Nancy

BoJangles 10-29-2011 11:33 AM

Nancy

CD in Oklahoma

Love the 319! Why don't you put it into a treadle like I am going to do with the one I am getting from Candace?

Nancy

BoJangles 10-29-2011 11:35 AM

Nancy

CD in Oklahoma

Come on Miriam you were never taught to share as a child?

Hummmmm, I can't blame you!

Nancy

miriam 10-29-2011 11:35 AM

Nancy

CD in Oklahoma

I need the zig zag plate! But, I just located one from the gal who does our TOGA's!

Thanks anyway ThayerRags!
Nancy

Hooray!!!

miriam 10-29-2011 11:36 AM

Nancy

CD in Oklahoma

Come on Miriam you were never taught to share as a child?

Hummmmm, I can't blame you!

Nancy

I was the oldest. :mrgreen:

miriam 10-29-2011 11:38 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Is everybody ready to make another picture posting? Here is an example. What ever. Maybe some of you will be more talented. This one could be something like Potato Heads or Vintage sewing machines going on parade.... something.... suggestions? Potato Head borrowed Ms Federal's nose the other day... Wonder of wonders is that it fit and sews.

This is my clone all dressed up - by the way it's name is Potato Head
[ATTACH=CONFIG]278962[/ATTACH]

Ms. Federal wanted equal time since she had to do with out her nose for a while.- maybe I should work on this one some more...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]278967[/ATTACH]

Potato Head is quite a character...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]278972[/ATTACH]