Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

nurseknitsLaura 03-31-2012 07:41 PM

Glenn- I made my own shellac- its a 2 pound cut. should I thin it to a one pound? or does it not matter. Thanks Laura
(2 pound and one pound are strengths of shellac. I don't think the rest of you have to worry about it. I've been getting a little over-involved in the wood work, again.)

vintagemotif 03-31-2012 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5106430)
Hey Monica...did you happen to notice that Skip's showin' off his "drawers" AGAIN?? :D :D :D

Yeah!!! I was trying not to say anything. :D

nurseknitsLaura 03-31-2012 07:45 PM

Folks- if you haven't tried this yet- please do. It is beyond simple. Don't scrub. Like you are putting moisturizer on your eyelid, like. I am beyond impressed what it has done to the worst looking machine I owned, and just worked over my Davis VF. The bed was so rough it was a challenge to sew with, and now it is quite smooth! Really, really fun! Now, if Glen could just tell us how to do this to our own wrinkles, instead of just our machines, he could make a million bucks! Laura

vintagemotif 03-31-2012 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5106430)
Hey Monica...did you happen to notice that Skip's showin' off his "drawers" AGAIN?? :D :D :D

Although, I went back to take another peek :D, and I believe it is his undershirt that he is using.

vintagemotif 03-31-2012 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5106469)
Folks- if you haven't tried this yet- please do. It is beyond simple. Don't scrub. Like you are putting moisturizer on your eyelid, like. I am beyond impressed what it has done to the worst looking machine I owned, and just worked over my Davis VF. The bed was so rough it was a challenge to sew with, and now it is quite smooth! Really, really fun! Now, if Glen could just tell us how to do this to our own wrinkles, instead of just our machines, he could make a million bucks! Laura

Pictures Please!!!

vintagemotif 03-31-2012 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sharing my raisin buns with all of you. I figured if Glenn is showing off his drawers again, I'll share my buns. :D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324308[/ATTACH]

Thanks Glenn for your work that you have done so far for this tutorial.

nurseknitsLaura 03-31-2012 08:20 PM

HELLO! Recipe???

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5106513)
I'm sharing my raisin buns with all of you. I figured if Glenn is showing off his drawers, I'll share my buns. :D

Charlee 03-31-2012 08:31 PM

I'm sharing my raisin buns with all of you. I figured if Glenn is showing off his drawers again, I'll share my buns. :D

I don't need a recipe...just pack some of those babies in a box and send them express overnight!! :D

vintagemotif 03-31-2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5106520)
HELLO! Recipe???

Laura,

It will be my pleasure to share this recipe. I will write up the recipe in the food section of QB.

BoJangles 03-31-2012 08:34 PM

I want one while it is hot!

Nancy