Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 04-22-2012 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5161843)
Here are pictures of the loaded van - you can't see much so I put up pictures of it as it goes unloaded. We put tshirts on all the machines to keep them from getting too scratched up so it looks like a pile of laundry. Then he put plywood on top and made another row of machines. He was afraid the van would max out on weight so he piled cabinets on top of the machines. Nothing was damaged!!! There are some pretty cool machines in the load. OH and we have to go get the rest on Tuesday.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329768[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]329769[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]329767[/ATTACH]

Geeze, Miriam that is going to keep you busy for a while! What a haul! My DH would have a fit if I brought home that many machines, but what fun!

Nancy

miriam 04-22-2012 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5161934)
Geeze, Miriam that is going to keep you busy for a while! What a haul! My DH would have a fit if I brought home that many machines, but what fun!

Nancy

I think mine kind of cringed but he is a good enabler. He must figure if I'm busy I won't drive him crazy or something... That is in my shop. The other side is where I try to work.

Glenn 04-22-2012 01:02 PM

Gosh Phil Miriam had you busy with this haul and more to come. When are you going to open your shop? lol

miriam 04-22-2012 01:22 PM

Uh Glenn I'm still learning... Joe says he and his wife want to come and play some time - rewire some stuff - desperately needs to be rewired. I wonder if that little black machine was for a child? It is very small. I can't read the name - anybody else read it?

Glenn 04-22-2012 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5162064)
Uh Glenn I'm still learning... Joe says he and his wife want to come and play some time - rewire some stuff - desperately needs to be rewired. I wonder if that little black machine was for a child? It is very small. I can't read the name - anybody else read it?

I tried again and I can not make out the name. Wipe it down with water sometimes you can read it before the water drys

miriam 04-22-2012 01:29 PM

Ok - I'll try that - there is an out line where something was. Did you notice - it has the stitch length knob!!!

Glenn 04-22-2012 01:36 PM

Yes I did and I think this little girl is a National like you said

miriam 04-22-2012 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5162085)
Yes I did and I think this little girl is a National like you said

Well, for sure it isn't a Singer.

Muv 04-22-2012 02:11 PM

Crikey Miriam, when are you going to get time to cook?

miriam 04-22-2012 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5162126)
Crikey Miriam, when are you going to get time to cook?

COOK? Nobody would eat it if I cooked it - sewing machines are a bit chewy don't you know?