Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

jljack 05-04-2012 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5191952)
Quilt addict,
I used to live really close to where those machines are. I miss s.CA.
Sharon W.
(former CA beach bunny)

Sharon, you and I are both transplants....I am a native San Fernando Valley Girl, but way before all the hype about it!! :-) Left there in 1990, and don't want to go back!!

jljack 05-04-2012 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5193249)
Those bowls are gorgeous! Beautiful work!!!

Ditto!! Great wood work!

vintagemotif 05-04-2012 07:45 AM

Candace, Thanks for posting the tutorial and helpful info on the Elnas.

At first, I couldn't get the link to show the info, so I took the elkgrove portion of the link to look for the link on the Elna repair.

Your orchids are very pretty!!!

Shortstop 05-04-2012 08:56 AM

I am looking for a nut for a 1911 Michigan Farmer sewing Machine. The nut is a 7/16" with 18 NF.

Carol Sorvig
[email protected]

vintagemotif 05-04-2012 08:58 AM

Anamaria, Did you figure out how to get the hand wheel off that machine? What is the machine?

jlhmnj 05-04-2012 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Shortstop (Post 5193436)
I am looking for a nut for a 1911 Michigan Farmer sewing Machine. The nut is a 7/16" with 18 NF.

Carol Sorvig
[email protected]

Where's the nut located on the machine?

Jon

grayhare 05-04-2012 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5193443)
Anamaria, Did you figure out how to get the hand wheel off that machine? What is the machine?

Hi Monica, No, I haven't figured out how to get the wheel off. I will keep trying if not she will come up with me to the next TOGA. I have been doing some detail cleaning, all the metal, and the inside, making her shine. Was thinking of applying shelac using Glenn's tutorial. Here is a picture of her so far. The slide plates, and bobbin winder are all done, they just need to go back on. I will post a picture when she is all done. She is looking good.

greywuuf 05-04-2012 09:44 AM

Grayhare,
I think the previous post was correct, it looks to me like the small pin in the. Center of the shaft will have to be driven out with a drift pin pinch. Preferably one with a "hollow" end. A flat punch will work, but it would deformed the nicely rounded end of your pin.

vintagemotif 05-04-2012 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by grayhare (Post 5193494)
Hi Monica, No, I haven't figured out how to get the wheel off. I will keep trying if not she will come up with me to the next TOGA. I have been doing some detail cleaning, all the metal, and the inside, making her shine. Was thinking of applying shelac using Glenn's tutorial. Here is a picture of her so far. The slide plates, and bobbin winder are all done, they just need to go back on. I will post a picture when she is all done. She is looking good.

She is looking very PRETTY! You are definitely a meticulous worker; she shines! Plus, all your tools are so neatly lined up! Beautiful decals!!

Glenn 05-04-2012 04:57 PM

Miniature Furniture

2 Attachment(s)
When I am not sewing or working on sewing machines I make mine furniture in 1/12 scale. I would like to show you a few pieces. These are my wife's parlor furniture in miniature. The mini-table is setting on tip of the full size table