Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Glenn 10-28-2012 05:02 PM

There are members on the board that have some glass feet for the WW8. I think Charlie has some ask her to post a pic of the glass feet for you.

miriam 10-28-2012 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5619887)
They are glass feet the slide into a slot in the foot for regular sewing and quilting and such. I don't have any or I would send you a pic. All I have is the metal sewing foot but I am trying to find some for my machine. I quess you could make some if you knew how to work with glass but you would need an original on to make a mold to pour the hot glass in.

Shrinky dink plastic???

Glenn 10-28-2012 05:06 PM

Miriam I don't know how to use this shrinky dink plastic

miriam 10-28-2012 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5619901)
Miriam I don't know how to use this shrinky dink plastic

get yourself to the deli dept of the grocery store. Then get some salad or a donut or what ever in one of those clear containers. Then cut it about twice as big as you need. Put a hole somewhere in it. Put it on some foil on a cookie sheet. Then bake the thing at 200 degrees (pre-heat the oven) - it will shrink pretty fast and get thicker. If you need to bend it - do it while it is hot. This will be trial and error and guess work. If it is too big use a file or knife or what ever to shape it. If it is too small start over. You can make nice Christmas ornaments too... Paint on it or draw, cut it out and shrink it. Lots of fun for the kidos. Smelly. Try not to burn the house down.

Mizkaki 10-28-2012 05:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm not Charlie, but I do have pictures of the glass feet.
In the second picture is a ruffler that inserts into the same foot the the glass inserts do.
BTW they aren't rusty like they look in the picture.[ATTACH=CONFIG]373098[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]373099[/ATTACH]

Cathy

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5619891)
There are members on the board that have some glass feet for the WW8. I think Charlie has some ask her to post a pic of the glass feet for you.

JudyTheSewer 10-28-2012 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5619891)

I'm not Charlee but I took a picture of the feet for my WW8. The metal one to the left is just a normal metal foot. The one installed onto the machine is the metal frame foot that the feet slide in to. It already has the Plain Glass foot in it. The other three inserts are: Side Cut Glass, Corder Glass, and Gathering Glass. Please let me know if you would like additional pictures.

miriam 10-28-2012 05:33 PM

WOW those glass feet are really cool!!! I wonder how they made something that small? eye glasses type tools?

Glenn 10-28-2012 05:42 PM

thank you Judythe sewer for posting pics of the glass feet
Skip

nurseknitsLaura 10-28-2012 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
spent the day making three aprons and a night gown on this little Eldridge. I used Aurufil thread- it's a bit thinner (2 ply) and one long bobbin served for all the projects with no refills needed. The machine seemed to really like this expensive but lovely thread. I wonder if vintage machines like a thinner thread? I'm having the urge to take this machine to a quilt class I'm taking. I know a nice, normal quilter would take a 301 and try and blend in, but I for some reason I have the urge to be quirky! I have a week to talk myself out of it.![ATTACH=CONFIG]373102[/ATTACH]Laura

Mizkaki 10-28-2012 06:02 PM

Why would you want to talk yourself out of taking that little cutie? Take it and enjoy it!

Cathy

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5620030)
spent the day making three aprons and a night gown on this little Eldridge. I used Aurufil thread- it's a bit thinner (2 ply) and one long bobbin served for all the projects with no refills needed. The machine seemed to really like this expensive but lovely thread. I wonder if vintage machines like a thinner thread? I'm having the urge to take this machine to a quilt class I'm taking. I know a nice, normal quilter would take a 301 and try and blend in, but I for some reason I have the urge to be quirky! I have a week to talk myself out of it.!Laura