Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

joyceelaine1951 10-09-2010 02:46 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you Miz Johnny!!!! You made my day and I really mean that. I had no idea what all those gadgets were that are with the machine. I can't wait to get a belt and start her going. I can I repay you for giving this info to me.After cleaning and boiling down 1/2 bushel of grapes and making apple pies today I sat down totally exhausted and jumped on my computer and found your information. I'm one happy camper, whoops learning to be a quilter.

Honchey 10-09-2010 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Here is a 66 that I cobbled together from a couple of parts machines. This is the one Kenz sent me for the handwheel to fix Honcheys Red Eye with. The machine was way out of time (I think they tried to sew through 1/4" plywood with it) but once I retimed the little fellow it sews like crazy!! I am sewing a denim quilt with it and it doesnt even slow down when it hits the multi layers! :thumbup:

And in the last photo is the treadle from the W&W D9 I bought that I am going to put a Singer cabinet to put my 9W in and put it in with my collection in the house. Its been freshly painted and its waiting on the wooden pitman arm to finish drying before I put it on.

Billy

Wow Billy, You cleaned up that 66 very nice ! Is that a repaint? I thought his was a red eye too? Anne

janethagy 10-09-2010 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a Revere Sewing Machine today at a yard sale, it is serial # JZ18854. Needs major cleaning but the motor purrs really nice, its not in a stand, it has a case that it is in. Here is a pic of her.. Hope I can find some info on it. Thanks in advance.

Miz Johnny 10-09-2010 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Here is a 66 that I cobbled together from a couple of parts machines. This is the one Kenz sent me for the handwheel to fix Honcheys Red Eye with. The machine was way out of time (I think they tried to sew through 1/4" plywood with it) but once I retimed the little fellow it sews like crazy!! I am sewing a denim quilt with it and it doesnt even slow down when it hits the multi layers! :thumbup:

And in the last photo is the treadle from the W&W D9 I bought that I am going to put a Singer cabinet to put my 9W in and put it in with my collection in the house. Its been freshly painted and its waiting on the wooden pitman arm to finish drying before I put it on.

Billy

Billy, love the setup, and that 66 is sleek and flashy--she reminds me of Catwoman!! You do GREAT work--I love seeing your machines. Your sewing set-up is just amazing.
I enjoy seeing what everyone does with machines--we're all different and have a different focus, it's truly interesting to see what each individual has in mind when they haul that machine in!

Miz Johnny 10-09-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by joyceelaine1951
Thank you, thank you, thank you Miz Johnny!!!! You made my day and I really mean that. I had no idea what all those gadgets were that are with the machine. I can't wait to get a belt and start her going. I can I repay you for giving this info to me.After cleaning and boiling down 1/2 bushel of grapes and making apple pies today I sat down totally exhausted and jumped on my computer and found your information. I'm one happy camper, whoops learning to be a quilter.

Glad it was helpful. I'll just have a slice of pie and wait for you to start sewing!
I was in Tennessee last weekend for a TVQA quilt retreat. There are quilt guilds everywhere in TN, so maybe sometime when life gets a little calmer (hah!), you could join one and learn from other quilters. I live in KY, but am a member at large just so I can go to the retreats!!

BoJangles 10-09-2010 03:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow, I love pictures!

This is what my DH and I found today at a yard sale. She is a May 12, 1936, 99K made in Clydebank, Scotland! She is perfect, decals look great! I got her for $15 (I think because I can't run her!) She needs to be changed to a 120V motor from a 240V motor! This is probably why she is so perfect -- she couldn't be used here!

Nancy

99K Wooden Case
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101790[/ATTACH]

99K 1936 Machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101791[/ATTACH]

Miz Johnny 10-09-2010 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Wow, I love pictures!

This is what my DH and I found today at a yard sale. She is a May 12, 1936, 99K made in Clydebank, Scotland! She is perfect, decals look great! I got her for $15 (I think because I can't run her!) She needs to be changed to a 120V motor from a 240V motor! This is probably why she is so perfect -- she couldn't be used here!

Nancy

She'd make a lovely hand crank! ;-)

Lostn51 10-09-2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Wow Billy, You cleaned up that 66 very nice ! Is that a repaint? I thought his was a red eye too? Anne

Yep it was a Red Eye 66-1 and I borrowed the hand wheel off of the 99 you gave me to run it. I am looking for the nickel plated version of the hand wheel for the 99 and it will be in the treadle for the next project!

Billy

joyceelaine1951 10-09-2010 03:45 PM

Oh, I would love that , didn't know we had them here.YOu should have stopped by.

Glenn 10-09-2010 03:59 PM

Nice work Billy! :thumbup: I have an old redeye that I am cleaning and will repaint it black and will add a handcrank or at least this is what I want to do. I am building a bed for it now. I understand you are now in the parts business for I may need some parts soon. Glenn