Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 02-01-2011 08:31 PM

Double post :oops:

BZ quilting 02-01-2011 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well kids I am going to go pick up a machine I bought on CL today. An Eldridge "B" with the coffin top cabinet and is supposed to have all of the accessories with it. I am hoping I can clean this one up and make a nice edition to my collection. It is going to need a lot of love but I think I can do it. but I have a back log of machines that need cleaning that are mine but as usual they will sit on the back burner until I get the customers out of the way!

Billy

Wow, you'll have one like mine. Hope yours has the knob to stop the needle from going up and down, mine is missing and I have been unable to find one.

Lostn51 02-01-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by BZ quilting
Wow, you'll have one like mine. Hope yours has the knob to stop the needle from going up and down, mine is missing and I have been unable to find one.

I will have to look but I think this one is complete it had all of its accessories and everything. And I got it for $40!!

Billy

BoJangles 02-01-2011 08:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok you guys, I finally got my Free treadle in the house. Had to put this one behind the sofa in the entry. I am sorry the cabinet photos didn't come out real clear.

I moved my 15-88 into my sewing room! Yippeeeeeee! I finally made the commitment to have a treadle in the sewing room -- they are all over the house -- except the sewing room!

Nancy

Cabinet Open on the Free
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140348[/ATTACH]

Back of the Free
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140349[/ATTACH]

Cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140357[/ATTACH]

Lostn51 02-01-2011 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok you guys, I finally got my Free treadle in the house. Had to put this one behind the sofa in the entry. I am sorry the cabinet photos didn't come out real clear.

I moved my 15-88 into my sewing room! Yippeeeeeee! I finally made the commitment to have a treadle in the sewing room -- they are all over the house -- except the sewing room!

Nancy

Nancy your machine and cabinet are gorgeous!!! Boy the machines decals are mint!

Billy

BoJangles 02-01-2011 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Nancy your machine and cabinet are gorgeous!!! Boy the machines decals are mint!

Billy

Yes, they are mint on the back, just a little scuffed on the front! I love the foot pedal on the treadle! It says "The Free!" Pretty cool!

Thank you!

Nancy

BZ quilting 02-01-2011 09:00 PM

Nancy

Wow, machine and cabinet are gorgeous.

QuiltnCowgirl 02-01-2011 09:01 PM

Nancy - that is a beautiful machine & cabinet. Makes me want a treadle...maybe.

Lostn51 02-01-2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Nancy - that is a beautiful machine & cabinet. Makes me want a treadle...maybe.

Once you go treadle you will never want another machine!!

Billy

KatFish 02-01-2011 09:12 PM

Nancy

Love your Free machine. The cabnet and decals are really great.