Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Removing Spilled paint from Sewing machine >

Removing Spilled paint from Sewing machine

Removing Spilled paint from Sewing machine

Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
I guess my favorite machine changes due to my mood.

Cathy
Totally the same for me. Some days I don't want the "complexity" of the "newer" 401A / 411G (though I'm starting to think that 411 may be my "forever" machine. That and a FW and a 15, I could probably live just fine with those 3.) so I gravitate to the 15, but I love the quiet of the 201 compared to the 15. I'd have to keep the 503 and the 115 though, because if I'm ever going to get DH sewing, it's going to be on one of the 2 machines he's smitten with. The 27 (treadle) is great for relaxing though.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:39 PM

Lets see where do I start? The bookcase on its side is a credenza that I from a used office supply depot.
The suitcase next to the 403 is a 'baby' Bell (the one that looks like a green stapler). The machine with the B on the treadle in the living room is a Bradbury 'Medium' (just like a Singer 13). The chain stitcher on the right of the LR picture is a Wilcox & Gibbs is its own treadle. And the machine sitting just inches from the Wilcox & Gibbs is a New Home Midget". It is a VS and used a long shuttle. And the industrial Singer in the treadle is a 31-20.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]374606[/ATTACH]

Cathy

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
I LOVE the pictures! I always enjoy seeing the way people corral their herds. Is that a book case on its side? The suitcase beside the 403(?),.. that's not one of the "Attachments" boxes that April 1930s sells, is it? What's the machine on the treadle base with the "B"? And the chainstitcher on top of what looks like a singer top but I'm not sure, because the irons don't look Singer? Look at the size of the wheel on the Industrial Singer! Wow!
Attached Thumbnails 2012-11-05-15.33.14.jpg   2012-11-05-15.33.14.jpg  

Last edited by Mizkaki; 11-05-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Power Poster

Tammi,

I get a lot of jokes made about my obsession, too. I have probably passed the hundred mark if i count all the machines in the garage that are to be worked on and then sold or given away.The space in my house for my collection is maxed out. Doubt that I could shoehorn another one in here. Well maybe a portable, definitely no more treadles.

Cathy
Cathy it is a good thing we don't live remotely close... I don't even know how many sewing machines I have any more. There are a lot... GD lost count at 100.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Totally the same for me. Some days I don't want the "complexity" of the "newer" 401A / 411G (though I'm starting to think that 411 may be my "forever" machine. That and a FW and a 15, I could probably live just fine with those 3.) so I gravitate to the 15, but I love the quiet of the 201 compared to the 15. I'd have to keep the 503 and the 115 though, because if I'm ever going to get DH sewing, it's going to be on one of the 2 machines he's smitten with. The 27 (treadle) is great for relaxing though.
I can totally relate... I just got a Phoenix - very very cool.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:34 PM

Cathy love your collection of machines. How wonderful.
Skip
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 PM

Lets see where do I start? The bookcase on its side is a credenza that I from a used office supply depot.
The suitcase next to the 403 is a 'baby' Bell (the one that looks like a green stapler). The machine with the B on the treadle in the living room is a Bradbury 'Medium' (just like a Singer 13). The chain stitcher on the right of the LR picture is a Wilcox & Gibbs is its own treadle. And the machine sitting just inches from the Wilcox & Gibbs is a New Home Midget". It is a VS and used a long shuttle. And the industrial Singer in the treadle is a 31-20.

Cathy
Just gorgeous! I love the little chainstitch machines, they're so adorable looking. I'm supposed to be picking one up in the spring (earlier if I can scrape the cash together for the other machines), it's probably the same as the one you have here, but no treadle, so I will possibly "rig some thing up" if I don't make it a display piece.

I hadn't thought of an office supply place for furniture. That credenza looks a lot sturdier than the one I had though...
Old 11-10-2012, 10:32 AM

love love love the herd of machines!! too cute!

FWIW, on the kitties - the creatinine can be elevated just because they are dehydrated. my diabetic kitty (has acromegaly) has the beginnings of chronic renal failure (kidney disease) and we were able to turn around all of the important lab results by putting him on a low-phosphorus diet. a blood check 3 months after switching the food showed all of the relevant lab #s were back into normal range. i've learned more than i ever wanted to know about kitty health after 2 years of dealing with his stuff!

the best site out there to get cat health info is operated by a vet: http://www.catinfo.org She just updated the list of phosphorus values for cat food within the past couple of months. we have to have low-carb for the diabetes as well - so i feed him 2 cat foods that are both low carb & low phosphorus: Merrick's Before Grain Beef (bought at an independent pet store) and Friskies Senior Diet (also called Special Diet) Turkey & Giblets pate (available in grocery stores).

you might be able to help your kitters be healthy a little longer with the switch to low phosphorus canned food. you don't need expensive prescription food to do it, either, and you especially don't want a dry food. if you want more info on any of this, send me a message and i'd be glad to help. my expertise is in the acromegaly and diabetes, but i've learned about other cat health stuff along the way.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:41 PM

Thanks oregongirl. PM sent.