Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 90 of 225 FirstFirst ... 40 80 89 90 91 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

  1. #2226
    Senior Member MisDixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hay River NWT Canada
    Posts
    706
    Ok, so I am a wondering , and I just have to ask?.....Is there a site on the internet that connects all these folks that post huge prices for old machines??? We get to see so often "on ebay, on line, one of a kind singer, worth a bunch of $$$$ ....whatever". Apperently my pu'ter dosn't know how to find that site. LOL

  2. #2227
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MisDixie View Post
    Ok, so I am a wondering , and I just have to ask?.....Is there a site on the internet that connects all these folks that post huge prices for old machines??? We get to see so often "on ebay, on line, one of a kind singer, worth a bunch of $$$$ ....whatever". Apperently my pu'ter dosn't know how to find that site. LOL
    very small gene pool?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  3. #2228
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,598
    Sadly I think it's a widespread gene pool!

  4. #2229
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,913
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    very small gene pool?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    Sadly I think it's a widespread gene pool!
    Someone needs to pour some bleach into that pool . . .
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  5. #2230
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    5,320
    and to show how shallow that pool can get...

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/app/3536751271.html $350 -

    SEE PIC - ************WILL NOT RESPOND TO E-MAILS****
    Name:  3G73M43Ib5If5K35M4d1a003143fd62741857.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  16.0 KB

    E-MAIL UR PHONE # FOR CONTACT-I WILL NOT RESPOND TO E-MAILS.
    Seriously???

  6. #2231
    Senior Member MisDixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hay River NWT Canada
    Posts
    706
    Sitting here shaking my head!

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    and to show how shallow that pool can get...

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/app/3536751271.html $350 -

    SEE PIC - ************WILL NOT RESPOND TO E-MAILS****
    Name:  3G73M43Ib5If5K35M4d1a003143fd62741857.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  16.0 KB

    E-MAIL UR PHONE # FOR CONTACT-I WILL NOT RESPOND TO E-MAILS.
    Seriously???

  7. #2232
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    and to show how shallow that pool can get...

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/app/3536751271.html $350 -

    SEE PIC - ************WILL NOT RESPOND TO E-MAILS****
    Name:  3G73M43Ib5If5K35M4d1a003143fd62741857.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  16.0 KB

    E-MAIL UR PHONE # FOR CONTACT-I WILL NOT RESPOND TO E-MAILS.
    Seriously???

    Just remember, this person "probably" votes, drives on your roads, and has children... sigh....

  8. #2233
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    5,320

  9. #2234
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,913
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    $200 and it cent even be used for its intended purpose? Not sure why the seller thinks she can get $200 for a non functioning one when a seller can't get $200 for one that works. Shaking my head
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  10. #2235
    Senior Member MisDixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hay River NWT Canada
    Posts
    706
    LOL.....Now I know what to do with whats left of my set of antique dishes....I was trying to move stuff around in the cupboards and the stool I was standing on broke under my feet. Stack of 24 plates, dinner, salad and sides and me went crashing down. Had a huge bruse and a bunch of broken plates.
    But really I couldn't do that to a sewing machine, no matter how sad its condition.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post

  11. #2236
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southeast Georgia
    Posts
    2,522
    [QUOTE=SteveH;5779086]and another "UNIQUE" singer..
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/87994579...jZQgoduxYAgwIt would be cool if it worked, however.....

  12. #2237
    Super Member ArchaicArcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Not Here
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by MisDixie View Post
    LOL.....Now I know what to do with whats left of my set of antique dishes....I was trying to move stuff around in the cupboards and the stool I was standing on broke under my feet. Stack of 24 plates, dinner, salad and sides and me went crashing down. Had a huge bruse and a bunch of broken plates.
    But really I couldn't do that to a sewing machine, no matter how sad its condition.
    Good grief!! You're OK though, right? That's the most important part...

  13. #2238
    Senior Member MisDixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hay River NWT Canada
    Posts
    706
    Yep, ArchaicArcane, I am ok. Just another one of my stupid accidents. I got the big bruise checked out at emerge and DH made me promise not to clime when I am home alone. This past year I have been the queen of stupid accidents. Lucky me.

  14. #2239
    Senior Member Mom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    suburb of Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    651
    Well............ It's different.

    Might make an interesting light table for tracing:

    http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/3526658325.html

  15. #2240
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom3 View Post
    Well............ It's different.

    Might make an interesting light table for tracing:

    http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/3526658325.html
    HM maybe that is what you do with the ones with the broken doors
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  16. #2241
    Super Member jlhmnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Millville, NJ
    Posts
    1,735
    Looks like departed sewing machine viewing. Gladiolas would be nice.

  17. #2242
    Super Member ArchaicArcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Not Here
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by MisDixie View Post
    Yep, ArchaicArcane, I am ok. Just another one of my stupid accidents. I got the big bruise checked out at emerge and DH made me promise not to clime when I am home alone. This past year I have been the queen of stupid accidents. Lucky me.
    Sounds like the time I figured out that pantyhose and carpeted stairs were a bad combination. I had no idea I knew how to tuck and roll, but I did, and bounced off the opposite wall at the end of the stair well. Glad to hear you're OK though.

  18. #2243
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    5,320

  19. #2244
    Super Member Glenda m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post

    Maybe this was the only way to save it? One can only hope. Sigh...
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

  20. #2245
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,550
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Yes, this is so sad but do like the machine.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

  21. #2246
    Super Member wesing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Yikes! $250?!?!

  22. #2247
    Super Member ArchaicArcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Not Here
    Posts
    3,795
    Hm,... sewage accident? I'm not sure what else could make a machine look like this. (Note, we're in a prairie location. We don't have a moisture problem) Notice that it's been waiting for a new home since Nov...?
    http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLa...AdId=432345392

  23. #2248
    sap
    sap is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    mid MI
    Posts
    286
    It's a 401A and there is a 201K manual with it.

  24. #2249
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sap View Post
    It's a 401A and there is a 201K manual with it.
    I've seen those 401s look pristine on the outside and be so gummed up on the inside it isn't funny - I got a Singer 500 in much worse shape - nothing moved either - it is now my parts machine - it has saved the life of many machines. I'm so glad I bought it and my pocket book is very glad I parted it out.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  25. #2250
    Super Member ArchaicArcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Not Here
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I've seen those 401s look pristine on the outside and be so gummed up on the inside it isn't funny - I got a Singer 500 in much worse shape - nothing moved either - it is now my parts machine - it has saved the life of many machines. I'm so glad I bought it and my pocket book is very glad I parted it out.
    For a hundred beans though... I'd be pretty hesitant to make it a parts machine. Geez, I had a hard time selling a pristine inside and out 403 with cabinet for less than that. I wonder how long since it's been used if t looks like that.

Page 90 of 225 FirstFirst ... 40 80 89 90 91 100 140 190 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.