Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-19-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by jpete523
I sent you a Private Message (PM) to answer your question on finding vintage sewing machines. If you haven't used PM yet, just look at the top of this page for "Private Messages" and click on it. Hope this helps! Jan
Well, hmm. Something went awry. This message is to luce321. :oops:
Old 04-19-2011, 05:30 PM

My New Mexico Treadle is a White, 1981 VSIIb. I've been enjoying it today finishing blocks for a Treadleon swap. Here are pics. Interesting tidbit, the presser foot is brass.
Tommie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-186569.jpe   attachment-186570.jpe   attachment-186571.jpe  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by luce321
I have been posting for sometime now and have asked several questions, but never got a reply. I must be doing something wrong. Just posted one to Billy two days ago.
Sometimes we don't know; sometimes we figure someone else will or has already answered it. Ask again, and we'll try to give some answers.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
My New Mexico Treadle is a White, 1981 VSIIb. I've been enjoying it today finishing blocks for a Treadleon swap. Here are pics. Interesting tidbit, the presser foot is brass.
Tommie
I never bonded with my White FRs, but I LOVE the looks of the White VS machines. How does it sew??

You know that is a great idea! I have looked at the felting machines, but didn't want to buy new machine. Wouldn't it be cool if we could convert a treadle to our felting machine -- just make one of our treadles a specialized one?

Nancy[/quote]

Nancy, pleased you think it's a good idea...several people I've mentioned it to have given me a strange look. Then again they probably don't understand my need to have so many sewing machines either.

Not having done felting in the past, it's hard to know how much I would use a dedicated felting machine and therefore didn't want to have heaps of $$$'s tied up in a machine that might not get a lot of use...this was the reason I bought the Singer 99 recently then discovered what a little beauty it was when I got it home. Didn't open the case when I handed over the $5.50 because I only wanted a 'working' machine which didn't need to do anything more than go up and down!! LOL Since then I've been given another three machines, one being the Capri and the other two I haven't seen yet as my son got them on Freecycle in his local area.

The felting adapter, a 6pack of spare needles and postage (Downunder) was $62 which I thought was OK and much cheaper than a dedicated felting machine which cost several hundred $$'s.

Bronwyn ;-)[/quote]

Hi Bronwyn
that sounds great you will have to post pictures when you can also can you tell me how you went about getting the felting adapter as l would like one
Elsie Blight
you can pm me if you like

Originally Posted by sewgram1
Does anyone know about a chain sewing machine called Willcox and Brigs?
It's a Willcox and Gibbs, isn't it? They make beautiful chainstitch.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Tommie
I never bonded with my White FRs, but I LOVE the looks of the White VS machines. How does it sew??
It sews great! I'm having fun!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:36 PM

Hi Tommie,
I've finished 2 sets of blocks for the "Roses and Cream" TOBE,
used the 15-90k and 201K for those and started a 3rd set with the 66-1 Redeye.
Sharon W.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Hi Tommie,
Sharon W.
I'm starting another set tomorrow. Two sets is all I'm going to get done on this swap. Good luck. Now I have to do the sig blocks, lol.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Hi Tommie,
Sharon W.
I'm starting another set tomorrow. Two sets is all I'm going to get done on this swap. Good luck. Now I have to do the sig blocks, lol.
Oh dear! I forgot the siggy blocks!!!